Demo Site

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Housework, play practice, church, wisdom


Mama met with the painter yesterday morning. I went out for a few minutes just to get a kiss (which was no problem)and try one more time to set up the remote I purchased for the garage door (which has been a real problem).  After running through the sequence several times I was about to give up again but to my surprise the remote actually started to work. I have no idea what I did differently but I was happy with the result.

We also learned how to use the key pad on the front door deadbolt – it’s pretty neat. I will replace this unit with a new one as soon as the work being done by others is complete. At that time I will replace the locks and knobs to all the exterior doors and change the code for the keypad on the garage door opening system – just to be safe.

While Mama straightened out the painter on some final details, Grandpa unloaded fence posts and various other items they had brought to the property and Grandma sat in the sunroom on the little bench Mama had brought and read her Bible. I am assuming they were there a good while but I had to get back to work. We also discovered that the small unit stubbed into the sunroom is both an air conditioning unit and a heating unit. That will be nice.

This evening Mama and I are going to meet at the house and start some of the repairs/upgrades I need to have done in the master bath before the painter gets there. I am stripping out the old, very short vanities and putting in something taller and more to Mama’s liking. I should not have a problem getting the new vanities set today and tomorrow, but we will see.

I am taking tomorrow off as well as next week. There is little going on at work at the moment. With our boss leaving and the new boss not being in position quite yet, we are caught up on all the old initiatives and have not received instructions on the new ones. Since the holidays are upon us there is a lull that comes every year at this time. It is a perfect time to take some time off.

After Mama and I work at the house for a while tonight we will have to get back to the church for another play practice. We had a good time Tuesday night and were able to come up with the sequence of the scene and the rough approximation of the lines we will be saying. Tonight, we will refine those further.

We had a great service at church last night. It is a joy to be a part of a good church. The pastor preached about wisdom and its various parts, learning, knowledge, understanding, discernment and seeking Godly counsel. We need that so much; especially discernment and Godly counsel.

It served as a reminder to me that at those times I think I have the answer, I generally need to be asking better questions – ensuring that my pride and trust in my own intellect do not keep me from seeking God’s instruction. He has the answer for every question I ask. I just need to ask rather than assume I know the answer.

In many situations I can always fall back on the instruction my father gave me years ago: if you need an answer right now, the answer is NO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment