Demo Site

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Teaching, grooming, time off


I found out yesterday that I will be teaching tomorrow and Thursday. I was hoping not to have to do back to back eight-hour training sessions but that is not the way it worked out. My coworker, who was slated to give the training tomorrow, does not feel that she has had adequate time to prepare so she handed the class back over to me. I am not worried about teaching the material for that class. I feel well prepared for it. It is the Thursday class that I am more concerned about because it was scheduled rather suddenly and I have not had a lot of time to prepare for it. It will be the first time I have taught that class so it would have been a bit stressful under normal circumstances. Ordinarily, the classes would not fall consecutively since the Thursday class is given quarterly but I got lucky this week. It should not be a problem if my voice holds out. Last time I talked for the six plus hours of training I did not have the strength of voice to lead the singing at church that night.

This morning Mama is going to attempt to take Sam and Sasha to the vet for shots and grooming. She gets Sam sheered every year but we do not normally try anything like that with Sasha. She does not have to report to the school until 1 pm so her hope is that the dogs will be ready by noon and she can have them back home before she has to leave to meet the school kids as they head out for a track meet this evening. I think it is an overly ambitious goal, but Victoria is there to help her get the dogs loaded. (I do not like using the vehicles for hauling dogs but it is not a fight worth the emotional toil involved.) My real concern is Sasha. She is very timid and resistant to anything out of the ordinary. I hope Mama can keep her from running off once they get to the vet’s office. I am curious to see how things turns out. I hope it is less stressful for Mama than it will be for Sasha.

Both Mama and I will be off Friday. It is a scheduled holiday at my work but it is not typically one that the school takes. Since there are extra days build into the schedule they have elected to take the day off. It will be a much-needed break for me and Mama. I had originally thought about going down to Chappell Hill to collect the few items Martha is holding for me but have since decided against making the trip. Mama, Victoria and I have our first test for this semester of FBI on Monday and I have not studied well enough for it. I will not be able to really study until Thursday evening so making the trip would take that time away as well. It may be a small thing but I do not like to do poorly on tests. Anyway, there is a lot we can get done at the farm if we stay and work. It has been a while since I had a full day to devote to the effort and I am looking forward to it.

We are carefully watching the cows and our nanny. Babies should be arriving within the next couple weeks. We are praying for safe deliveries all the way around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment