Demo Site

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Dentist, more information, Hope


I got to the dental office in Bridgeport a few minutes early yesterday evening and they were not overly busy, so I got in right away. That was 4:15. The dentist that tended to me was not the same one that had recommended the treatment I was there for but that was not a problem. This dentist I could actually understand when he spoke to me. Those of you who know me know that I rarely have a problem understanding anyone who speaks to me – regardless of their background. Anyway, he was pretty short with the dental hygienist tending to me. I had already agreed with her that the two fillings identified on the left side of my mouth (they were doing one side at a time – upper and lower) could be done since I would already be numb for the treatment. The dentist let her know rather sharply that he would not be doing any fillings. He wanted to do a buildup on some tooth but was not specific. He said it in such a way that I got the feeling that he did not want to say it in front of me. I got that impression even more strongly when both of them left the room to discuss it further.

After the shots in my upper and lower jaw I sat there for over an hour. Longer than required for me to get fully numb. They had left the TV on above me, so I was counting the time by the programming. At a little before 6 pm the hygienist came back to let me know that the dentist was doing a root canal on a patient that had been scheduled for the same appointment time as me. When I asked how much longer it could be before they started on me, she said there was no way to tell. Having had several root canal procedures done myself, I could relate to what she was telling me. Some of the root canal procedures took an hour. Some took three hours. When she came back I told her that the numbing was starting to wear off in by front lower jaw. It was decided that I would go home and reschedule the appointment for a later date…NOT. When I called Mama to let her know what had happened, she was not happy. The numbness in my upper jaw had not worn off by the time I went to bed and this morning my jaw is hurting from the series of shots I received. All in all, it was not the worst dental experience I have ever had, but it will make the top ten list. I still need to have my teeth cleaned but we will not be going back to that office.

Mama and I spent an hour on the computer last night listening to a webinar about tax deeds. It reinforced the opportunity once again and added a few missing pieces of information to the mix. Mama will spend the next few days looking over the material we were originally given when we attended a presentation in Ft Worth. She has slack time while she is performing her classroom monitoring duties and assures me that she will be able to extract the information we need to get county contacts and lists to begin researching liens and deeds. I am anxious to get started. Mama is starting to see the plan come together – especially as she is questioned by others about what we are going to do. We are being careful to understand the process fully because we will soon be teaching it to several other people.

I got word from Hope Children’s Home this morning. I applied for a position there but there are no openings at this time. However, the director wanted to keep my application and resume for consideration later in the year. Right now, they have no housing to offer and staff is required to live on campus. He mentioned that there would be an opening sometime this year but was not specific as to when that would happen. There is no urgency. Mama and I are happy where we are living and serving. Just not so much where we are working. If the opportunity comes, we will happily go.

I still have plenty to do on the farm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment