Demo Site

Friday, January 19, 2018

Rescheduled, pillows, bulk buying, thawing


Well, as it turned out late yesterday, I have been rescheduled to give my mock presentation at a later – to be determined – date. I am not overly disappointed, although it is one of those assignments that I would like to get done and out of the way. Having that off my calendar for the moment will leave me more time to get a couple other assignments moved along. Plus, I will be free to have lunch with Mama.

Mama and I went to Costco yesterday evening to return a two pack of pillows she and bought a couple weeks ago. They were pretty expensive, but the salesman assured Mama she would not find a more comfortable pillow anywhere. They were bamboo fiber material. The main feature that attracted Mama’s attention was that they were supposed to be cooling to the head while you slept. I did not even try the second of the pair we bought because I could tell from the feel they were too rigid and too tall for me to use comfortably. Mama only lasted half the night on the one she tried – for the afore mentioned reasons. Getting the right pillow has been a quest of ours for some time but it has become particularly urgent for Mama recently. So far, we have struck out. Even the much touted My Pillow did not meet her needs. So, last night she bought another two pack of much cheaper pillows to try. I have not heard the report of them yet but at the price we paid, they will remain with us as extras. I continue to use the one I have had for several years now. Mama says we bought it a BJ’s in New Jersey. I honestly do not remember, but I do know it has worked well for me for a good while. I dread the thought of having to find a replacement.

After Costco, we went to WinCo. I do not think we have seen the entire store yet, but what we have seen keeps bringing us back. Last night we bought raw honey there – from a bulk dispenser. That was a first. I could not argue with the price. Mama dipped her finger in the honey to try it and assured me that it is very good honey. That and the bulk coffee they sell will keep us coming back if nothing else stirs our interest. At the entrance they had a rack of one-liter soft drinks for $.25 each. One of the produces was the Sangria (non-alcoholic) that I like. Since the cheapest I have seen them is $1 each, I thought I might as well pick up a few. I got four for me and two for our pastor. He also likes the carbonated grape juice. I di not buy too many because it takes me several days to drink one liter – if Victoria helps me. Mama will not drink it. It works well as a digestive aid for me, so I drink it in small servings.

Nate, Cori and the kids got safely to Pensacola last night. It is as close to home as they can get right now, and they were happy to arrive. Because of the very unusual weather, they were stuck in Arkansas an extra day because the camper was frozen in place. They had to wait for the ground to thaw enough for them to break loose without damaging the camper before they could leave.

That was all for the best since the roads were probably not in the best shape while they were frozen in place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment