Demo Site

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Delays and distractions, puppy watch


Before I got to go home yesterday evening I had an eye appointment. Mama had scheduled the appointment for herself but the one she had scheduled for me conflicted with a travel date for work. So, I took her appointment. No big deal except I did not get out of the ophthalmologist’s office until a little after 5 pm and I had to get fuel for the truck before I could head to the farm. I called Mama when I was through because she was fixing some kind of pizza bread for dinner and I wanted to let her know about the time I would get home to eat. I had to leave a message. I almost wish she would have answered and offered to meet me at the office to do our research, but that is not how it turned out. We did end up getting back to the office around 6:15 and worked until about 8 pm. It was embarrassing how much we had forgotten between Thursday night – the last time we did our work – and last night. It took a full twenty minutes to get going; to feel like we were making the right moves. But we got there and eventually found a good deal to record and track.

While we were in San Diego doing our training, we had been encouraged by Frank to look into properties in Texas but after some investigation, I believe we will put that on hold until we have more experience and more money. Right now, one deal would tie up our money and focus for six months to two years and we are not in a position to allow that long of a timeframe before some type of closure on a deal. We will concentrate on a state where we can immediately take possession of the property and move forward to the sale. At least, that is how I am seeing things right now.

I brought my MacBook to the office with me last night, so I could use the internet there to download Office onto the Mac. I did not bring the power cord, so the computer kept shutting down and interrupting the download. I will have to remedy that situation the next time Mama and I come back to the office to continue our research. Poor planning on my part. I ordered the program, so I could use familiar products on the Mac. I have had difficulty using Numbers with the same proficiency as I am able to use Excel. Plus, I want to be able to teach Mama to use the programs we need for our business. Having that consistency will be priceless as we go through that learning curve.

Mama and I may have to take the night off tonight to answer some of the needs at the farm. We need to get hay and alfalfa for the goats. We normally get those two items from Rick, but Mama has called several times without getting a call back. We were planning on making the trip this evening but may have to postpone. It is too far to drive without knowing if we will be able to get the bales of feed we need. Also, at some point in the very near future, Mama will have to go to Muenster for feed. We may be able to put in a couple hours on that evening, but it will be a stretch. It would be nice to do this business from home but for the time being, that is not a workable solution. I suspect there are more internet providers developing the system we need to get good internet service at the farm, but I have not found one that I am willing to try – or to meet their price for installation and service.

Kira is due to have her pups any day now. Mama and Victoria are praying for less than ten puppies and based on the size of her belly, they may very well get their prayer answered. I think Victoria needs at least six pups to meet her financial expectations. She has already spent a couple pups worth of money on her new iPhone X.

Between her tax refund and the sale of the pups, she should be able to more than cover that expenditure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment