Demo Site

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Researching, coaching, training, Mama


Yesterday evening, I left the farm after being there for only about an hour. Mama and I were going to get a call from our newly assigned coach at about 8 pm, but I felt like I needed to get some more research done in case we were asked if there was anything particular we were working on. It helped to be at the office, getting my mind centered on the business, picking apart lists. Mama and I will continue to do so as we are coached through the process. I did find a couple good properties, but we will not be able to purchase them because they are going to auction next week. Mama and I are not prepared to move that quickly, but it is good to see the process work in identifying good deals as we wade through the data.

As promised, Theresa called at 8 pm. She called me first and we conferenced in Mama. We only chatted for about half an hour so she could get a feel for where we were interested in looking, what our long-term and short-term goals were and what our financial resources were. She was pleased with some answers. She was not overly pleased that we had already met with Frank. That, we have learned, should have waited until we had completed our coaching sessions. Oh, well. I think Frank gave us a really good start – but time will tell. She was pleased that we understand the process and the limitations we will face due to our limited cash. She referred to herself as “cheap”. That will probably work well for me and Mama. One of the disconnects Mama and I had with Frank was with regard to his financial approach to this business. He was thinking in the $100,000+ range of purchase price for properties while we were more in the $10,000+ range. However, Frank did teach us a very practical way to record, tabulate and organize our research. We will see how Theresa does her research over the next few weeks and merge the two at some point along the way. Mama and I are anxious to get started, to make our first purchase, to make enough money to do this as a fulltime business without having to report to an employer. Maybe this year.

I will be presenting a class tomorrow. I have one class each week for the next couple weeks. One of the three will require me to travel for a couple days. I was talking to Mama this morning and mentioned my travel next week as opposed to her travel this week. My hope is that at some point in the very near future we will be together when we travel – but not yet. I am pleased that my company allowed me to rework the presentation that I give most often to make it flow more smoothly. It is still a bit fractured in sequence, but at least, there is a greater continuity to the overall presentation for now. At some point I will rewrite the entire class and group it according to content rather than skipping back and forth in focus areas. Tomorrow will be the first time we will be using the new books and slide deck for the class. It should be no issue, but I will get to see what sticks out as I present the class in full.

Mama is thoroughly enjoying the twins, although she is not used to lugging around such large babies. Neither of the girls is able to hold themselves up very well so they still have to be supported when being held. That takes an effort Mama is not conditioned to as well as Britany. Brittany has had the advantage of growing stronger as the twins have grown – a slow progression to where she is today. No other person has had the daily exercise of handling the growing babies; Mama included. Fortunately, she is used to handling sacks of feed that weigh a bit more than the babies. On the down side, she does not usually carry the sacks of feed around for very long. So, she is part way there, but not all the way there. Never-the-less, she is having a great time.

If her plans do not change again, she will head home tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment