Demo Site

Monday, May 6, 2019

Sickish, Mama, busy week ahead


Unfortunately, last weekend was one of those weekends that no one wants to have. The fact that it was a repeat of the previous weekend made it even more frustrating. Friday, Saturday and Sunday I felt miserable. I got up early Saturday morning and went through our normal feeding routine. I had not slept well so going out to feed the animals was therapeutic. When that was done, I got ready to go bus calling. I am not sure how the time got away from me, but I ended up leaving the farm later that planned. When I got to the church, the road was blocked off for a food fair going on in the square in downtown Decatur. Pastor was out of town this weekend, so I am not sure where the men were meeting before teaming up, but I was too late to find out and get on a team. I ended up just going to Lowe’s to get a few items I needed for the fence I was planning to work on. When I got back home, I changed and rested.

So went the day. Work a little bit. Rest a little bit. In that routine I did get some fencing done. I attached rolled fencing to the pipe fence that lines our driveway on the east side of the house. I had to stop in the early afternoon. I was out of energy. Now, I have about sixty feet of fencing left on the pipe fence portion of the paddock and about the same distance on the new back fence of that paddock. The gate into the paddock has been up for some time already. Once the fencing is complete, I can finish the shelter and we will be ready to house either our sheep or our goats there. It is just disappointing and frustrating to feel so badly when there is so much that needs to get done. I wanted to clean the coop over the weekend, but that did not happen. I wanted to clean up around the farm, but that did not happen. I wanted to sweep and straighten up in the wellhouse, but that did not happen. Oh, well.

At some point I will have to see a doctor to find out what the underlying issue is that is keeping me from beating this lingering respiratory issue. But I have been holding off because I hesitate to get a diagnosis that will affect the extent of coverage available to me once I no longer have my current insurance. In other words, I would like to avoid carrying pre-existing conditions with me to another insurance provider – past those that I already have. Maybe that is a poor reason to endure this ongoing malaise, but I feel almost compelled to do so as Mama and I wait for one or both of our houses to sell; thus enabling me to move to our real estate business fulltime – requiring a change in insurance providers. Time will tell.

Mama should be back tonight. She has spent the weekend in Louisiana with Kimberlyn. I suppose they have had a great time as Kimberlyn led two ladies’ meetings in two different churches. I have not been updated very often or very thoroughly throughout the time Mama has been away. She has been very busy. But I am pretty sure she told me would be heading home sometime near noon today. That should put her back at the farm around 9 pm. We will all be glad to have her back home.

Mama does not get much downtime. Tomorrow, Tuesday, she is driving to Oklahoma City to meet Brittany. Britany is traveling down so she can fly out to meet Andrew in Washington State. He is there for some special training on the new aircraft he is helping commission. Brittany will be back on Friday.  Mama and Victoria and I get to keep Zoe and Sophia. I could get used to that. Now that my beard is gone, I will see how the twins react to me.

We have a busy week this week. Tomorrow we will take the goats to Rick’s. Thursday we will take the stock trailer to Kenny and Kimberlyn. They have two pigs they need to get to the processor. Saturday we will be driving to a family reunion in Chappell Hill.

Lots going on. It would be nice to feel better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment