Demo Site

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Small class, boot mishap, wrong wipes


I taught a small class yesterday. It was one of twelve classes extra we had added to our schedule in a flurry of activity only to cancel all of those classes except the one yesterday. Ordinarily we would not have held a class as small as the one I taught yesterday, but I thought it best not to cancel out on those who had made travel arrangements to attend. It was a good class of individuals; seven in total. All were eager to participate. There were lots of discussions and I think everyone walked away from the class feeling that the day had not been wasted. One of the participants hung around after class and chatted with me as I cleaned up and packed everything away to be returned to the office. We spent almost an hour talking. Mostly about the class and related topics, but also about personal topics. It was a good class. It may be one of the last times I teach that class – depending on how quickly Mama and I can get our business going.

Our evening went very quickly since it was a church night. Mama now has a pressure cooker she is not intimidated by. I t was ordered from Pampered Chef. She prepared a pork roast in that cooker last night. We have a pressure cooker that Cori gave us but for some reason Mama will not use it. Only Victoria and I will brave danger to cook in it. The new one looks more professional. More heavy duty. And it is has a dial to select the digital setting required versus touch buttons on the other. Anyway, Mama did an outstanding job of seasoning the meat she cooked in her first attempt to master the appliance. That is what we had for dinner along with a small salad.

We are counting carbs for a few weeks to see how well that does for us. So far, I am not impressed, but I typically do not do well with high protein diets. Not with the ongoing digestive issues I have. But Mama is encouraged to be trying something to limit carbs and sugars in her diet. She is meeting with moderate success and is encouraged to keep going as she refines the process of determining what foods should and should not be eaten. High fructose corn syrup is still her flavor of choice and we are determined to attenuate and possibly redirect that desire. We will not know if was have succeeded for many months. There are so many easy horrible choices out there that can quickly wreck our progress.

As I dressed for church last night, I got a pair of boots out of the closet. I noticed when I sat down to put them on that they were reversed. The left boot was on the right. The right boot on the left. I thought to myself, “I must have been pretty tired when I put these up the last time I wore them.” To have them in the closet that way would be unusual for me. It was not until I got home and was putting the boots back into their spot in our small closet that I realized I had grabbed one boot from each of the two pair of brown boots I have sitting next to each other in the closet. They are so close in color that no one noticed – including Mama. I thought about not saying anything to Mama but confessed my mistake so we could both get a laugh out if it.

Another anecdotal story. Mama casually mentioned that in her purchases earlier this week, she had picked up wipes for the hall bath. She mentioned that we had not had any in there for a while and since she thought about it while she was in Walmart, she picked some up. I told her there were in fact wipes in that bathroom. I had used them a couple times. “Oh, no! Honey.” She gasped. “Those are Victoria’s expensive makeup removing wipes.” No wonder my butt felt so good after using them. I told her I could retrieve them and put them back.

She advised against that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment