Demo Site

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Plumley’s request, Honduras needs met, A simple poem


Mama and I had a very busy day yesterday. Nothing urgent, just one thing after another. It was a little frustrating, but at the same time it was kind of nice. Nice to be doing. Nice to be needed. Nice to be busy. I am encouraged by the help Mama is getting on her Color Street business. She has been carefully guided through several issues which all have been quickly resolved. When her sponsor does not know how to resolve an issue, she knows who to call. Last night they tracked down an issue for Mama that turned out to be a simple typing error in a website address. Mama did her little “happy dance”. Of course, it is only an upper body happy dance, but the resolution of the problem earned both a Yeah and Woo Hoo. It was a big deal.

Somewhere during the day Bro Plumley called Mama with a request. He left a message on Mama’s phone that he needed her to do something for him. It was not until Mama and I were out getting some supplies to finish cleaning the coop that she called him back. We did not get started on the coop cleaning until about 5 pm and found that we had no lime to put down on the floor of the coop. Tractor Supply was closing early so we ran to another feed store in our area and bought some specially processed straw Mama has used in the past to put down instead. Anyway, Mama called Plumley on the way. He took a minute to state what he needed, but it made me and Mama smile. “Would you bring be some fried potatoes and onions? I haven’t had any in a long time and I just got to thinking about that.” Of course, we will. He is being observed more closely right now because he took a short walk yesterday and got in trouble for leaving the nursing home. Everyone is more than slightly paranoid about the current new virus. This too shall pass, in fact, we will look back on this some time from now and ask ourselves, “What were we thinking?” Mama set the delivery date for the special breakfast item for Thursday morning.

Cori let us know last night that several churches in the Stated have sent extra monies to the missionary families on her team. Enough money that they have been able to supply meals to over 500 families in their church and the areas where they typically run their busses. Somewhere they were able to buy some staples in sufficient quantity that many have been provided for. They are calling it their COVID-19 Ministry.

Their team leader, Matt, has a special pass that allows him to move about the city while the rest of the city is under a very strict quarantine. Grocery stores are closed to the public, but Matt has connections through the church that give him access to food goods that he can purchase to be given away. He also called several church families who he know would have extra to share and they each quickly gave of what they had to be distributed to the families they wanted to help but could find no way to do so. It is impossible to know what the Lord will do with this simple ministry, but when a family has no food available to them, the supply that Matt and Nate were able to give is miraculous in its timing. Life sustaining. Praise the Lord!

My company has made several HR adjustments during this unusual time and I wanted to say thank you to our management team. The Lord gave me a poem and my manager sent it out to those individuals.

He Knows my Needs

When times are hard

And hope seems lost in knowing.

He knows my needs.

When life is hard

And I struggle to keep going.

He knows my needs.

When neighbors fear

And I their fear am showing

He knows my needs.

His blessings coming now.

I know I’ll make it through.

He knows my needs.

Some of those needs

God met for me through you.

He knows my needs.

Your willing heart

Is something that He knew.

He knows my needs.

You gave to me

Far more than I was due.

Because He knows my needs.

Thank you for all you have done for me.

Timothy O Kline March 2020



Feel free to use it if you can as a thank you to those who have helped you.

God is good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment