Demo Site

Friday, June 18, 2021

Dental challenges, fishing

After visiting both the periodontist and the local dentist, there is agreement that one of my teeth needs to be removed as soon as possible. The second molar on the lower right side of my mouth. That tooth is the one that is causing me all the discomfort. Not only is there a lot of recession of the gums around the tooth, but it also has a large cavity which is infected. Thus, the pain. On the bright side, I do not have any other cavities so, all that was recommended was to get a normal cleaning and keep doing what I am doing. The tooth just forward of the one that needs to be extracted will need to be pulled also but there is no urgency in getting that done as far as the pain is concerned.

When that tooth is extracted, I will make arrangement to have it replaced with an implant – a very expensive dental remedy. Both dentists were agreed on that as the best option. I suppose I do need to be able to chew for a few more years and since I am already missing a tooth on the lower left side of my mouth, I cannot lose any more chewing surface in my mouth. Right now, I need to find out if I need to have both teeth extracted at the same time and begin the implant process, or if the extractions need to be done at different times. While I am on an excursion with my work team today, Mama is going to try to get the appointment scheduled. We will go from there gathering the needed information for what will follow. A lingering question is whether I replace the tooth on the left side of my mouth with an implant as well. The cost is more than a little staggering, so I have avoided making that decision yet.

For today, my team has scheduled a day at TopGolf. I feel like I need to go because they scheduled this outing with me specifically in mind. I have bowed out of the last two team building events because one centered around touring bars in in Ft Worth by bicycle and the other culminated at a pub for the close of the activity. This one, we are avoiding the drinking part of the activity and closing out the activity at a supposedly famous Mexican restaurant. I do not know how much I can actually participate in the golf portion of the outing, but I can tag along. It should be fun. At least it is a day of activity – not sitting at a desk. The team likes it when we are all together so I can accommodate that whether or not I can fully participate.

Mama is going shopping with Victoria today and spending the day tomorrow in a conference for Color Street tomorrow. I will spend the weekend working around the farm and completing the assembly of my pontoon craft. I do not know if I will get to use my new watercraft tomorrow, but I at least want to get it put together so I can see if it is manageable on my own. I also need to test the trolling motor mount, as well as determine the best way to place the battery which will run the trolling motor. The craft is set up for that service, but I need to see how to fit everything together in a way that suits me. I have ordered a wheel kit for the boat, so transport to the water will be easier but I still need to load the boat into the truck, offload it from the truck and get the motor and battery attached every time I use it. It may be a little awkward at first, but I will eventually figure it out. Since I caught two large crappie from the bank the other night, I am anxious to get out on the water to catch more.

Mama is excited for me to have the little craft – she is really liking the fish I am catching.

0 comments:

Post a Comment