Demo Site

Monday, June 21, 2021

TopGolf and Joe T’s, scraping, my boat, Mama’s conference

Friday, I spent the majority of the workday at a venue called TopGolf. It was a fun outing even though I could not fully participate. TopGolf is more or less a driving range with different traps set the field you are hitting into from one of three levels in the structure. We were on the second floor level as our group tried their “skill” at hitting the golf balls into the waiting traps. The further from the building the trap was that your ball rolled into the more points you could accumulate.


Each trap had an outer area that looked like a web, with a set of inner rings toward the center. The closer you made it to the center, the more points you would score. Our group was not particularly a high-scoring group, but it was a fun group. There were fifteen of us and only twelve slots on the score card. That gave me an out. I could not have made the needed movements to actually drive the golf ball as required, but I had a great time watching and coaching. It was not something I will go out of my way to do again – especially at thirty dollars per hour/per person to reserve the space – but everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves.

After embarrassing ourselves at the golfing venue, we went to what I was told was a famous restaurant called Joe T Garcia’s. We chose the patio dining because of the ambience. I have to admit that although the food was not that impressive, the atmosphere was. We were seated on a large patio with various spaces isolated from each other by fountains, pools of water and walls of plants. There were dozens of umbrellas to shade us while we talked and ate. I shared a table with five of my coworkers and we visited as we ate chips and dip and them our meals. Three of the young men at the table with me were brand new to EWN so it was a great opportunity for us to get to know each other. We got back to the office a little after 3 pm and were dismissed for the day. All in all, it was a good day in spite of being out in the heat for the entire time.

Saturday, I started off the day by cleaning the goat barn. As we feed the goats hay day by day they tend to scatter the uneaten portion on the floor of the barn. That accumulation can be impressive over time. So about evert two weeks I have to scrape that offal from the floor and let the dirt beneath the amassed hay air out. I put lime on the dirt before I take the chaff that packs into the base of the stand we use to put out the hay and restraw the floor. I ended up getting two full bucket loads of residue in the cleaning process, which we let rot for compost. My focus of this cleaning was that Lilly will kid very soon – this week I am hoping – and I wanted the barn as clean as possible in case she gives birth in the barn. I am hoping for the first kids to come this week because we will have Brittany’s girls with us for a few days as the movers pack their house. It would be fun for them to get to handle the little goats when they are only a few days old.

After I cooled down a bit from cleaning the goat barn, and mounting license plates on our two trailers, I finished assembling my pontoon boat. All I needed to do was to inflate the pontoons and figure out how to attach them to the frame – which was not difficult. However, one of the pontoons will need to be looked over because it will not hold air as well as the other one. That is going to be an issue if I cannot get it addressed properly, but it should be something I can figure out easily enough. After loading the pontoon into the back of the truck I took careful inventory of my back strength and overall strength and decided I did not have the back strength available to offload, equip the pontoon with the trolling motor, battery and fishing gear, try out the pontoon then retrieve it, offload all the accessories, and load it back into the truck once I was done. So, it has sat in the back of the truck through Sunday and into this morning. I may try it out this evening, but I will have to reinflate the pontoon that is no longer sufficiently inflated.

Mama managed to make it to her Meet-and-Greet conference Saturday, but she came home feeling very poorly. The get together was a great benefit to her so she is very happy she went. Thought she was not feeling well she was excited about what she had learned about growing her business. When she is able to meet her goals, we will have a goodly income from her business, and I can retire very comfortably.

That will be nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment