Demo Site

Friday, December 10, 2010

Accessorizing for Texas

Mama and I have a Christmas Party to go to this Saturday. It is being arranged by ConocoPhillips and though attendance is not mandatory, I feel almost duty bound to go since I am a part of the leadership team for this area. I am hoping it will not prove too awkward.


The theme of the party is “Western”. I am not sure what that means but something cowboy-ish is what pops into mind. So, in light of that, Mama and I went boot shopping last night. She and Seth had checked out a store here in Amarillo that someone at the church had told her about. As it turned out, it was a very good thing that she had about two hours shopping in already.

You know Mama and shoes, or should I say “footwear”? None of the three pairs of boots she had preselected were right last night. After all, five or six hours had passed since her last fitting. Honestly, in the evening, after a day on your feet, shoes, or boots in this case, tend to fit differently.

Mama being left-handed makes it even more of a challenge. Since most people are right-handed there is a tendency for them to try on the right boot only. This gives the right boot a slight stretching leaving the left boot untried, un-stretched and tighter fitting. Such was the case.

I found three pairs I liked and tried them on for Mama. We agreed that we liked one better than any of the others so I was prepared to buy. She kept trying to get me to try on a pair of square toed boots and I kept refusing. I do not like square toed anything for my feet. Something about the look on my feet just feels wrong.

It took almost an hour more for her to get to a pair of boots she really liked in both design and fit, but we got there. She was wearing the boots with her pajamas the last I saw. She told me it was to get them stretched out, but it reminded me too much of Mykenzie, my three-year-old granddaughter, with a new pair of shoes. I will not describe them to you because I would fail miserably, but I will try to get a picture posted tonight. It will save me one thousand words.

I have no idea how we are going to accessorize our boots, but our feet will look Western.

0 comments:

Post a Comment