Demo Site

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Party, Big, little moon

Saturday all our planned activities got thrown under the bus by scheduling conflicts so after Mama and I dropped Chase off at a game which was to finish up a basketball tournament we headed to the bank and to the stores. We had to meet a realtor about half-way through soul winning so I called the Pastor to let him know and to see if he was still able to meet with me for our one-on-one discipleship training. He was not free due to a death in his family so Mama and I were really free for the morning.


With the Christmas Party planned for the evening, we had a few hours to catch up on Christmas shopping and planning. We are both getting used to the new schedule I am on – Monday through Friday, 06:30 a.m. to 5:30 P.M. I no longer have free days during the week, nor do I have much time in the evenings, so things kind of stack up and wait for a couple free hours on Saturday. It has proved a difficult transition for both of us. But we will adapt. Rather, Mama will have to do a lot more things on her own, which neither of us particularly likes.

Mama and I went to the company Christmas Party Saturday night. It was the best office party experience we have ever had. My boss, a good Christian man, had me pray for the food and the evening and allowed me to stand for Christ in a way I have never had the freedom to do before. I have to thank him for allowing me to establish a Christian witness among so many with one public prayer.

A country singer named Don Edwards gave about an hour concert; just a cowboy with his guitar. It was very pleasant, very comfortable. Mama and I enjoyed it thoroughly. There was a cash bar – which means everyone had to but their own drinks – so drinking was limited and it seemed that only a small group of younger folks got involved in that activity. One man I know from Borger went to the most rowdy table and dressed them down for talking too loudly. That was as rowdy as it got.

We had a fun group at our table. There was a game we all participated in that was as twist on musical chairs. Each table sent one person to the front. Mama went for us. These persons were given items to collect as clues were presented; a pen, a sock, a rope (belt), some grease, etc. From the front they each had to go to their respective tables to collect the items then return to the front and beat out the other contestants for a chair as my boss removed one chair per clue. We made it down to three chairs remaining. But everyone at our table had a blast helping Mama. She really is a lot of fun. You all know I would not have done it and the lady at out table that was selected by default was not very interested, so when Mama volunteered, I knew everyone would enjoy the game more.

On the way home, Mama and I were watching the moon. It was a quarter moon resting like a section of an orange very low in the sky. It looked huge, much larger than normal. It was actually setting at 11 p.m. so the closer it got to the horizon, the larger it looked and the redder it became. It is not often that I have gotten to see a setting moon like that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment