Demo Site

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Good report, Grandpa’s new vocabulary, why kids love Mama

I got through the colonoscopy yesterday without too many issues. I always have a difficult time recovering from any anesthetic and yesterday was no exception. I think I slept for several hours after the procedure and then stumbled through the day with Mama as we finalized some Christmas shopping. We should finish it off late this week as we pack to go to see our southern children and grandchildren. It is not much but we need to get it done the next time I get paid.


My bowels are still in recovery mode. I told my dad that even though I got a clean bill of health yesterday from the doctor, my belly did not fell like it had a clean bill of health. I belched all over Amarillo as Mama and I looked at various stores for our final selections. She encouraged me with every resonant outburst, realizing it had to come out somewhere and that was the lesser of two evils. She offered to take me home several times but I realized it was the last opportunity we would get to spend any time shopping together before we left next Sunday night – if those plans do not get snowed out.

Grandma called yesterday to let us know that Wise Electric had run electric over to the well so we can begin the process of getting the well outfitted for service. It has been raining in the Bowie area off and on for several days so we were all surprised to have the work completed. One step closer. Grandma was also telling Mama that one of the roosters is trying to crow and it sounds pretty pitiful. The chickens start to stir every time they hear the truck pull into the drive at the farm and Grandpa will crow to the rooster who will answer with his best response. So far Grandpa sounds better. Grandpa is also talking to the pups – which are still in isolation – in their own language. I think Grandma is thinking Grandpa is spending too much time on the farm.

Mama is thinking the pups will come home with us on our way back to Amarillo after Christmas. I will have to see how that works out. They will certainly have to be cleaned up thoroughly. Besides with Victoria’s dog and Rosie at the house in Amarillo, I think it may be a little too much, but I am not the measure of such things. I do feel it would be better for the pups to have a bit more oversight in the next few, developmental months. At least Victoria and Mama would closely supervise their menu and encourage the female to get her fair share of the feed put out. Right now, with the two of them together, the male, who is quite a bit larger, is getting the major portion of the food Grandpa puts out for them.

I thought yesterday as Mama talked to Maggie about getting the grandkids as we were staying with her, that I can understand why children love Mama so much; because no matter how difficult, time consuming or inconvenient doing things with children seems to the rest of us, it is rarely any bother to Mama. She loves doing things with children and the work that is involved in those events rolls off of her like water off a duck’s back. It does not faze her the way the rest of us are affected and children notice it without being ale to know what they are seeing. I saw it in Children’s Church yesterday also. It is a pleasure to watch it play out – especially when the kids are really rowdy, as they were yesterday.

My last four days of work here are going to be very busy as I finalize many things for the year. It is almost overwhelming to look back and see how quickly this year passed by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment