Demo Site

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A/C, weddings , work

It is a good thing Mama and Jake headed for the farm yesterday. The air conditioning unit at the house quit working yesterday. When Chase called me to tell me it was pretty hot in the house yesterday evening I remembered noticing that the outside unit did not have the normal water around it on Saturday afternoon. Chase and I were replacing the battery in his truck and we had made several trips out the back of the house to where the truck was parked. The concrete pad where the condensing unit sits is usually wet, but it was not on Saturday afternoon.


It did not register with me at the time. It was a pretty warm night last night. Even Lucy did not want to stay in the house. I propped open the back door to let as much air in as possible and she camped out on the concrete stoop outside the door. Even thought the temperature inside the house (89 degrees) equaled the outside temperature, it felt much cooler outside. Since we are not in the country, the doors were closed and locked for the night sometime after dark and we sweated through the night. I will call this morning to see if it can be repaired.

Mama and Jake must have arrived safely. I called her as I was leaving Guymon, OK on my way back to Borger and she and Jake were east of Wichita Falls. That put them about a half hour from the farm. I never heard from her again last night so I am assuming all is well. Once she gets there she is pretty well disconnected from the world. Besides, between Jake and Grandma I am not sure if she will be able to have a private thought much less a private moment.

Chase has had several interviews over the past couple days, most notably at Sears, but he has talked to Best Buy, and several other retailers about working in their electronic departments. We still have not talked about Bible College but it is one of the subjects I intend to cover as we travel to Bowie tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be a profitable four hours together, although neither of us will have Mama to guide the conversation for us.

I am assuming Brittany is in Florida with Cori and Nate. They will be leaving either tomorrow or Thursday for Indiana to attend the wedding of one of his sisters. I hope the parents are more gracious to the guests than they were at Cori and Nate’s wedding. That was a strain. They even tried to slip out of the reception without saying goodbye. I can only imagine the conversation as they drove home from New Jersey. The rest of us had a pretty good time and it seems to have worked out well for Cori and Nate.

Brittany mentioned that she and Andrew might stop by the farm on their way back from the honeymoon. It would be a nice gesture since Grandma and Grandpa will not be at the wedding. With the trip they are trying to save for at the end of July, they are not able to afford the trip to Florida and Mama and I are not able to cover it at this time. In addition to the money worries, the farm has to be tended to daily and the only ones left to handle those daily feeding chores are Grandma and Grandpa. Mama tells me I may have to take on those responsibilities if she goes with them to West Virginia for the family reunion and the renewal of the wedding vows.

I suppose I could work that out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment