Demo Site

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

More travel plans, money worries, wedding vows

If Mama follows through with her plans she will stay tonight with Jake at his house and will bring him to the Fisher’s on Wednesday afternoon to stay the night there. They will all then leave on Thursday morning from the Fisher’s to Newark Liberty to fly here. As I was talking to Mama the other night baby Victoria told me in no uncertain terms that I needed to come and see her. It would be good if that were possible, but not right now. I am glad Mama has had the time there even though it has cost me more than I was able to budget.


Mama told me last night that she just could not resist spending thirty dollars on some beads because they were so beautiful and they were half off. Besides, Chase was going to put gas in the vehicle they were loaned by the Anany’s (a beautiful Volvo SUV) so she saved that thirty dollars as well as thirty dollars on the beads, so by her reasoning I should be sixty dollars ahead. I don’t feel like I am sixty dollars better off.

I am looking forward to the trip to Florida for Brittany and Andrew’s wedding with almost equal anticipation and dread. The dread comes strictly from the financial worries I anticipate associated the trip. We will make it but there will definitely be some tough moments ahead – especially when No is the only answer; no gimmicks, no conditions, work arounds, no asking forgiveness rather than asking permission. Those are the hard times. Those are the times that put us on track to recovery. Those are the times that test my resolve.

On the brighter side, Mama and I will get to participate in the wedding and we will get to spend time with Maggie and Aaron, as well as Nate, Cori and the grandkids. We are hoping Joshua will get to come over but that it still uncertain. He and Brittany are scheming to devise a way for him to come and participate, but I have not heard the final proposal. Chase and Victoria (and Jake) will be there since they are coming with us from Texas.

Also, on the brighter side, by this time next year – Lord willing – we should be in pretty good shape financially. I will have paid off a $17,000 tax debt and will never put myself in that position again. We should then be able to completely pay off the equipment by the end of the year. This should be a good year followed by a great year next year. It just does not seem so at the moment because needs are arising before income is accumulating.

Grandma and Grandpa have a slightly harder road as they are trying to save up the money to go to West Virginia for a visit (at family reunion time) during which they plan to renew their vows. I do not know if they will be able to make it or not. Speaking of renewing vows, Pastor Chadwick asked for a show of hands of couples who would like to have that ceremony performed (especially those who did not have a formal wedding) and I think there were seven or eight couples which indicated they would. I did not raise my hand because Mama was not there to tell me if I would like to or not. That really is a woman thing.

Celeste Westmoreland had raised her hand as an affirmative while her husband, Jason, did not raise his hand. Pastor politely pointed out that if the bride was in favor of the idea, the groom was in favor too, whether he was or not. The Pastor then asked for another count and Jason was on board –as well as several other husbands. I was exempt since Mama was not present.

I do not know if she would want to be part of a mass renewal ceremony. There are other extenuating circumstances. I cannot remove my wedding band for her to put it back on and she recently lost the diamond out of her wedding set and you know as well as I do that that must be repaired ASAP - regardless of any other outstanding financial obligations. Of course, if the repairs are done in time and she wants to participate, I will certainly go up with her.

I am sure of the “who” in the ceremony; just not sure of the “why”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment