Demo Site

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Brittany, travel plans, rain

Brittany got in last night just before church. We had a little time to talk before we headed to church but not much. I was impressed that Pastor Chadwick remembered her name and that she was now Brittany Kim rather than Brittany Kline. No one seems the least bit nonplused by the wedding following the marriage so I guess I should not be either. Maybe it has something to do with the military.


We had a great service and it seemed obvious that Brittany has not been in a teaching service for some time. She was frantically taking notes as the pastor taught out of Ephesians 6 on the whole armor of God. He was looking at the ‘sword of the spirit” last night and how we are to use it. One point that I made sure to write down was that with a physical sword, constant use makes it dull and ineffective. With the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, constant use makes it ever sharper and more effective.

Brittany got to meet the De La Garza’s last night and they got to talk about their favorite canine who also made the trip to Texas - again. Lucy will be staying with us until some time after the wedding. She will be well travelled by that time. She and Rosie are joining us on the drive to Florida. Mama is in for a shock when she sees Rosie. She has gained so much weight that she cannot curl up like she usually does. Grandma has not been a very good guardian in that respect although Rosie has enjoyed it.

Mama has not called me yet but that call cannot be too far away. It is 7:20 in New Jersey and if they are going according to plan they are probably getting to the airport right now. I am pretty confident Jake had no problem saying goodbye to his mom. I am curious if the same was true for her? Regardless, they will all be here tonight and Jake will finally be in Texas. We will see what happens next.

Brittany is planning to leave tomorrow morning for Arkansas to visit friends there before heading to Florida to stay with Cori. Cori, Nate and the kids will be heading to a wedding on his side of the family mid next week through the weekend so Brittany will be there on her own as she finalizes some of the wedding preparations. It is turning into a very busy month. Once the wedding is over I think we will all breathe a deep sigh of relief. I would say we will relax but Grammy will be with the grandkids so I have no expectation of relaxing.

Somewhere along the way Mama will get around to telling me what she has in mind for the week after the wedding and I will get an idea of how much it will cost me. But that has not come up for discussion yet. With the visit to New Jersey, Chases graduation, Andrew’s graduation and the wedding planning she has been a little distracted. Add to that the fact that she has been worried about money – every time she spent it on an impossible to resist sale item – she is not thinking that far ahead. Speaking of sale items, she is packing five picture frames to bring back with her from New Jersey. One is an 11x14; can you imagine that in a suitcase? I can only hope it makes it.

I called Grandma yesterday morning because the forecast I was seeing was calling for heavy rain but Victoria had told me that they were out harvesting okra and green beans from the garden. Grandma told me how disappointing it was that it had not rained even thought it favored it many times earlier. Later that day, early afternoon, she called to tell me it was raining so hard that she could not even see the little house (about forty feet away) where Grandpa had run to seek refuge from the torrent.

This after she and Victoria had finished bathing the dogs. Go figure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment