Demo Site

Friday, September 7, 2012

Schedule conflicts, Becky prayer needs, moving

I have not gotten to spend as much time with Chase as either of us would have liked to. It seems my work schedule is not compatible with his social life. Last night I got away from Borger about 5:30 p.m. Chase, Makaila and Jace were planning on going to a football game at Amarillo College and leaving at that time I would not have been home before he had to leave to make the timing work out with the other two people involved.


So we did not see each other last night. Today he goes to work at 11:00 a.m. and I will not be leaving work until about then on my way back to Bowie. I am planning on going by Sear’s on the way out of town to say goodbye. At least we got to spend a few minutes together on Wednesday evening before church. I will be back next week – maybe then we can visit.

He will be moving out of the house on the 14th of this month. He has what he considers a pretty nice apartment. When I am back next week I hope to be able to help him move as well as see his new digs. When Mama and I are back at the end of the month to oversee the packing of our household items, we will have a little more freedom to spend some time with him – and Makaila. At that point we will be leaving Amarillo. I anticipate a bitter sweet moment.

I seem to be having the same problem with getting together with Joshua. He was due to come up during the week Cori, Nate and the kids were here but that fell through because the tickets did not get to him in time to make the original departure. Rescheduling was too costly in his opinion. Now he will be coming to the Dallas area this weekend and Mama and I are not going to be able to get over to see him because of the work we have scheduled at the farm. (Too short of notice. Too short a visit.)

I am hoping that my October schedule is a little less full. Since we came back from vacation in Florida we have been in a constant race to keep up with the demands of work, the farm, church functions and family needs. I am not complaining. Everything that has been happening has been good – for the most part – it is just wearying to bounce from one event to another. It is also expensive.

Becky has called several times recently and I have not been able to take the call. She finally left a message requesting prayer for a new job offer Charles has. It is an oil field job working out of an office in Oklahoma. I am not sure of the details but I know he really needs to be working. I know she really wants him to go to work. With the past family problems and the lack of work in the area, it may be time for them to consider moving somewhere where there are more opportunities. South Dakota would be good. Becky can finish school in a number of other places.

Mama and Grandpa went to look at a stock trailer that we thought he might be interested in. Turns out he was interested. I do not have the money to get it right now but it would be a good one for us to have on the farm. We are praying that it stays at the dealer where it now sits until we can come up with the cash. It would complete our transportation fleet.

I will be traveling back to the farm today. I do not know how much I will be able to take with me on this trip since I will be loading all the items by myself. I need to get my dresser and clothing to the farm rather than having them packed up by the shippers. The same goes for Mama. We may not be able to get our things delivered until November, at which point I am pretty sure we will need our winter clothing. Mama will anyway.

Mine all fits in one closet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment