Demo Site

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The move, rain, days off

Mama and I moved the last of the items out of the house on Jennie yesterday evening. We were running pretty late so we did not make it to church. We both wanted to hear Bo York preach but that did not happen. We invited Chase to the hotel to eat dinner with us since a meal is served weeknights at the Homewood Suites. He got changed there for church, but he was late getting there after spending a few minutes with us and then going to pick up Makaila.


In the move out of Amarillo, Chase ended up with our microwave, our toaster oven and various plates, utensils and cups. I think he got outfitted pretty well. While we were at his apartment getting the last of his items in place Mama could not help arranging the cabinets, setting up the bathroom, straightening out the closet, etc. Some of her fixes will never be touched. Some of them will not last through the weekend. Such is life with Chase. I suppose he could count it as a birthday present. His birthday is Saturday – the same as Mama.

Mama has to get the cleaning done this morning and pack up the refrigerator and freezer items before we lock the keys in the house and drive away. I was a great place to live for the past year. It was not as nice as the house on Fairfield, but it saved us enough money to be able to afford the farm. It was a good trade off.

I will do the Safety Meeting in Borger this morning which will keep me here until about noon. Mama is coming to get me around that time and we will leave from here to drive to Bowie. My office is packed up but I will have to leave a couple of boxes here until I come back over since we have no room in the little car to pack them. We even left five boxes of items in Chase’s closet to be retrieved on our next visit. We are both still getting used to the little car. Downsizing has its drawbacks.

Both Mama and I are hurting. I am more so after the last night trying to sleep on the hotel bed. Mama went to the chiropractor yesterday and felt much better after the adjustment. I elected to forego the treatment because I know for me it is better to get adjusted only if I can rest afterwards. That was not going to be the case. I was not sure last night – as badly as Mama was hurting – if she should have waited also.

We have rain here this morning and Mama and I are praying hard that we are getting rain in Bowie also. The seed Grandpa sowed in the meadows requires the ground to be warm (above seventy degrees) in order to germinate. It also requires moisture. So far we have met the temperature conditions but we have not met the moisture requirements. Mama and I will get to see it tomorrow morning but we are still praying for rain – especially while it is still warm.

I will be off tomorrow. My days off from work do not usually entail a complete disconnect from work, but rather present a day out of the office. The emails still have to be answered. The phone calls have to be taken or returned. Questions still have to be answered.

But, at least, we will be at the farm for the weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment