Demo Site

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Jake, marathon, formal contract, job front


Mama had quite the ordeal getting Jake yesterday. As is normal for her she planned her trip to the airport to arrive at the appointed time – which was a half hour before the plane was expected to land. Her plan did not include sufficient time for traffic problems and she had those aplenty. She ended up arriving to get Jake about a half hour late. Fortunately, the plane was not particularly early and Jake only had to wait about fifteen minutes for Mama.

Other than dealing with stopped traffic in two separate locations the trip went without incident. They got home just a little before I did. They had planned to drive by a house we looked at online on the way to the airport. That plan was abandoned when Mama realized she and Victoria had used more time at the farm in the morning than they should have. When I called that morning, Mama was getting in the shower - about the time they should have been leaving.

The three of them drove by the house on their way home and I drove by with the three of them on our way home from church last night. It was light enough to see what I needed. I really only wanted to get a feel for the distance to the house from Hwy 287. It was not bad but I am still hoping for something closer to Decatur – something north.

Regardless, we are going to meet the realtor this evening at a house in Paradise (south of Decatur) this afternoon. Mama has scheduled us for a marathon of viewings. We are scheduled to look at four houses this evening. The last one will be the one we drove by last night. None of the homes are in the area that I would prefer except the one in a short sale but we need to look in order to find the one we are willing to purchase.

Mama and I have signed papers for the sale of the farm. She will have to do some more signing when she and Victoria and Jake come to Decatur this afternoon for an afternoon at the pool at Peggy’s house. I realized when I reopened the email from our real estate agent that I had not scrolled down far enough to see the additional addendums sent in the correspondence with the contract. It is a small detail but a necessary one that we can easily take care of.

The amount of paperwork generated and required for the sale or purchase of a home is a little staggering. Mama and I have been through it enough to know what to expect but we are rapidly approaching the point that I will have to separate the selling paperwork from the buying paperwork. The projected closing date for the sale of the farm is set for the 5th of September. We will see. It is incumbent on me and Mama not to move too quickly on offering to purchase until the buyer gets the financing set on his side of this transaction.

On the job front, my compadre at work who is the Training Coordinator for our asset told me yesterday in confidence that his job has been eliminated. He will have to report to a new position (within the same department) – in Houston. Here I thought I made a wise decision to keep my current job rather than take that one last year.

All along, God was guiding me to help me avoid the mess he is in right now; an unwanted job with an unwanted move.

0 comments:

Post a Comment