Demo Site

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Spreading the news


Mama had a ladies meeting at the church last night and since I was not feeling well and since I needed to get a drawing finished to send off to a designer, I took her to the meeting and worked in the office while she was there. She was only there about an hour and a half but I was able to get a good deal done on the sketch I was putting together for the designer. It was time well spent and I could not have gotten the same thing done at home.

The drawing is for a shop-home on the property we are making an offer on. Along with the drawing, I have put together a list of tasks and materials required to build the home. It was staggering to see the costs total up as I worked my way down the list. I had to set it aside several times in order to process the scope of the work involved – and the associated costs. We can certainly do it, but it will require a LOT of work and not a small amount of money.

I feel obligated to get it done now since Mama told all the ladies at the meeting that we are going to do it. Not really, but I did get several very happy remarks from ladies leaving the meeting as I was gathering up Mama and her things. “Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! I can’t wait to see it!” Me, too. I am not at all sure what they envision, but they were all happy about it.

I know we have turned a corner because Mama is more excited about the property we have bought and the dwelling we are planning on building than she is about the farm. In fact, she and Victoria are going to start packing. That is the first I have heard about moving since we listed the farm. As hard as it is to believe, that was only about eight weeks ago.

A survey will be done this week to determine just how much property we have outlined. We will then pay a price per acre for that amount of land. Mama wanted just a little bit more – as usual – but we are now both fine with whatever amount is included in the survey. It is largely based on the old fence lines and should be between fourteen and sixteen acres.

That will be enough for us for quite a long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment