Demo Site

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Paperwork, training


All the paperwork should be submitted today for our offer on the property in Decatur. Mama is ecstatic about the idea of building on that piece of ground – as is everyone at church. Even Grandma and Grandpa are excited about the idea. I will be more so when I get a set of working prints and a budget set. When all the work begins we will see how long the enthusiasm lasts.

Case in point, Mama and Victoria packed six boxes yesterday – maybe it was only four. For any of you who have packed for a move in recent memory you can understand my underwhelmed response to the packing effort. We probably have only about three hundred or so boxes left to fill and a lot of things that need to be discarded. Then we have to find a place to put our packed boxes while we finish packing and a place to move them to when we have to vacate the farm. No big deal.

Yesterday I gave the title company that will be handling our closing the contact information on the loans we have concerning the Van Bebber property. That closing should take place on the 5th of September. We are a little concerned about the timing since we leave for Juneau the following Friday. It will all work out at some point and neither we nor the buyer are really concerned about the closing moving a day here or there.

Speaking of the property, on Tuesday evening Mama showed me some insect bites she had suddenly show up. We were debating the origin – since we have dogs that share our seating in the apartment and mobile home. About the same time we were reasoning through the possible sources or handling an infestation our realtor for the property in Decatur called to ask if we had gotten any chigger bites while we were looking at the property with her. She said she was covered in bites. At least we know now what we are dealing with.

Mama had me stop at Walmart on the way home from church to get something to help her kill the itch. I do not know if it worked or not but she was very happy to have anything that was formulated to help. She seems to be more bothered than Victoria and I. I do not know if I have as many bites as she does or if her bites actually itch more than mine do – but she is not a happy camper. She is constantly reminded of the property – as if she needs to be reminded and in such an unpleasant manner.

Yesterday I had CPR/First Aid training at the office. It was a good refresher. I miss being more involved in that type of work. The class was taught by one of our employees. I asked if she would be willing to give the class for Mama and Victoria in the future and she was excited about the prospect. I would love to sit through the class with Mama as a student.

The last classes we sat through together were the training classes we were required to take for the Foster to Adopt program in West Virginia. I do not have any vivid memories of those classes because we  simply endured them in order to complete the program, but CPR training with Mama would be fun.
I’ll have to see if I can set that up.           

0 comments:

Post a Comment