Demo Site

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Missed queues, bad movie, running


Mama and I heard from the seller of the Alvord property. He does not seem too interested in coming down in price enough to meet our offer. I was a little disappointed to see the slow progress but as I started to replay the bits of conversation that had been repeated to me I began to understand the hesitancy. I think, when we made to offer to deal with anything he does not want to move, he is considering the tractor and other fairly high dollar items in the selling price.

To answer my question I have asked our agent to investigate how our offer was interpreted by the seller so we are all on the same page. It is like two people almost talking about the same things until one of the two in the conversation says something so irrelevant to the other person’s frame of reference that it brings up the question of what exactly is being talked about.

In one scene from the Fiddler on the Roof, the main character is talking with the butcher. The butcher is trying to feel out the father about asking for his oldest daughter’s hand in marriage. All the while the father thinks the butcher is talking about his milk cow. It is a pretty funny conversation. Ours has not been as humorous, but it may have been as misdirected.

Victoria rented the new Transformer movie last night. It was awful. Mama and I were talking about the two hours wasted in watching it. I even left after about an hour and a half because some of the fight and chase scenes were so drawn out that they were not entertaining. Much of the storyline was so convoluted that it made absolutely no sense. There was some funny dialogue but it was sporadic at best.

I feel that I can follow a storyline as well as most people but I could not connect the dots at all – especially when they were trying to infer that the transformers were millions of years old. It was poorly written and acted. The graphics were good but they could not carry the movie. At least it only cost a dollar to rent.

Mama ran pretty much all day yesterday. In the morning she returned Victoria’s tablet – I do not remember what kind it was – to Sam’s and in the early afternoon she had lunch with me in Decatur. That was after she had gone to the Post Office and the cleaners in Decatur. I think she was home by naptime. All in all, we are not getting too much done at the farm right now but we still have time to get it all done over the next few days.

It is already October. That’s amazing. If we want to be in a new place by Thanksgiving, we had better get a move on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment