Demo Site

Monday, December 1, 2014

Updates


It was a fun filled ten days off last week and the weekend before that. I say the facetiously because I spent the entire time getting things from one property to the other so there were hours loading and unloading equipment and hours on the road to and from one farm or the other. We did get a lot done even with taking the entire day of Thanksgiving off. ( Mama and the kids took Friday off for shopping but I had enough standing in lines on Thursday evening.)

Brittany and Andrew came over a day early and surprised Mama by coming to the dinner we had at church Tuesday evening. Grandma had gone with us and she carried on and on about being surprised by their arrival. It was a really good evening.

The crews painting and flooring finished up on Monday and Wednesday respectively. The supplier for the flooring was two boxes short of what was needed to complete the master closet so they are supposed to return today or tomorrow to put some carpet in that closet so Mama and I can move our things into it. We just took enough clothing to do for Sunday and this morning when we came over Saturday night and set up the bed in our bedroom. (The large room swallowed up our king sized bed.)

Brittany and Andrew, Chase and Makaila, and Victoria spent the night over at the house on Friday evening. It was partly to have the honor of beating us to the first night in our house and partly to get away from the trailer at the farm because Grandma is not very accommodating of dogs – Kira, Lucy and Stormy were being pretty rambunctious. You know how dag cousins get when they have not seen each other in a while. (Mama and I are very pleased with the flooring we chose for the house with the dogs and the farm in mind.)

In order for the kids to spend the night at the house I spent all morning Friday getting toilets set. I thought I was never going to get done and when I got most of the leaks sealed up I still was not completely satisfied with the results. I ended up with two working toilets but one still needs some work to stop a very persistent leak and the other does not set to my liking. It is about a half inch too long for the opening I had to use so it looks a little cockeyed. It works but I still do not like it.

Mama and Makaila are going to redo the cabinets in the kitchen, laundry room and the butler’s pantry at some point but I have asked that the kitchen be moved regardless of the exterior work that needs to be done in the near future.so I believe Mama is going to be working on that this morning. We have a lot of cabinets through the house so storage will not be a problem for a while, but it also will make for quite a bit of work for Mama and Makaila to get them all redone.

Mama and I bought new vanities for the master bathroom on Friday morning at Lowes. I have to install those pretty quickly in order to put our bath in full service but if all goes well I should be able to do one per evening once I get a free evening. After I get the washer and drier hooked up (one evening) and get the master closet rods and shelves replaced (on evening) and get the back door repaired (one evening) and once we get through play practice (two evenings per week) and RU every Friday evening. I believe I have a small window of opportunity every Monday evening and every other Saturday afternoon.

Grandpa and I have a small portion of fence to get done before we can bring over the cattle but we should be able to get that done - in one evening.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment