Demo Site

Friday, January 9, 2015

Repairs, seeing in the dark, weekend plans


I tore apart the shower doors on the enclosure in the master bedroom yesterday evening in order to reseal the base. Mama and I have noticed a little water on the floor at the front corner of the shower after each time we use it. When I really looked it over I found that the seal at the base of the track for the shower doors was leaking. In order to reseal it I had to pull the entire assembly out, clean it and the tub shoulder where it mounts, clear all the old sealant out of the base track and reapply the new sealant before reassembling it. It took a while.

After we ate dinner I took one of the vanity tops and mounted the drain and faucet on it. I knew I did not have time to get the cabinet replaced last night but I did want to get some of the prep work done so I can do the swap of the vanities some future evening. It will definitely make the bathroom look different not only because the new vanities have a more classic design but also because they  are six inched taller than the vanities currently in the bathroom. Mama and I still wonder about the short bathroom fixtures.

Also last night I got a night vision scope I had recently ordered. It is not an expensive one but I wanted to know what I could see with such a device at the house in Chico. It worked well enough. Victoria and I had a good time watching the dogs in the back yard with it. I will have to test it out at the barn some night soon.

Chase and Makaila are coming over this weekend so she can go to Trade days. It will be a chilly weekend for it. The high is forecast to be just below 40®F. Fortunately the rain that had been predicted for the weekend is no longer in the forecast but we will do things the old fashioned way and get up that morning and look out the window to see what we have to deal with. That is often far more reliable.

Victoria’s birthday is tomorrow so we are planning on going to the Cheesecake Factory for her birthday dinner. Chase is very excited about that. We have not done a birthday dinner in a while since Victoria is our last child at home. But any excuse will do for Mama and Victoria to go out to eat.

All plans point to next weekend for Grandma and Grandpa to leave the farm in Bowie. The caveat is having all our animals at the property in Chico. We have yet to complete the hog building and attached yard and we have not even started assembling the temporary chicken coop. I think we can make it but it will require a lot more work than we have been putting into the preparation lately.

I just hope we are all up to it physically. I have not contributed lately because I have been feeling far less than adequate for the work and Grandpa has more bad days than good ones lately also. That coupled with the time of the year and the recent travel for Christmas contributes to a slowdown where we are not getting much done to meet our short term goals – at least not recently. This weekend and all the activities we have planned will not help accomplish those goals either.

It may be time to call for help – but Grandpa is not very big on that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment