Demo Site

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Travels, Becky’s news, almost moved


Mama and I got back from our travels to the panhandle at about 6:30 last night. We dawdled in Amarillo because the roads were pretty bad that morning. Snow had fallen overnight and the list of accidents I was hearing on the radio as I moved the truck to a better position for loading was pretty extensive. Mama had made an appointment to get her hair cut Wednesday morning so I knew we would get off to a later start before heading toward Brittany and Andrew. With the bad road conditions, it all worked out.

We also took the time to see Mrs. Patrick before leaving Amarillo. I had gotten back to the hotel a little before 8 pm Tuesday night so I was pretty worn out when I got in. The only opportunity we had to stop by to visit was on Wednesday morning and I knew we needed to make the time to stop. You never know when you are passing by your last opportunity to make the visits to those advanced in years. I need to get down to see Mom and Dad soon – for the same reason. We had a great, albeit short, visit

Work wise, it was a productive time for me there. It turned out to be productive for Mama as well. She got to meet with the doctors and techs at the sleep study clinic and renew her “prescription” for the machine that helps her sleep (so she is good for another two years) and she and Makaila were able to go shopping. She found the cabinet pulls for our kitchen. That really excited her. She also found – and bought - many other items left over from Christmas that we will find a place to store until next Christmas.

We visited with Brittany and Andrew in Altus, OK where Andrew is stationed for the next six months. They have a pretty nice home there that they share with two other Air Force personnel. I think they will enjoy the area while they are there. It is not a particularly pretty part of Oklahoma but there are some beautiful sights nearby; places to make some memories. From here they will be transferring to England.

While we were there Becky called to tell us she was pregnant. It was not particularly happy news and I was not sure how to react. I was so troubled by my improper response to her that I had trouble sleeping. About 10:30 I texted Becky ; “I am pretty sure I did not answer your news correctly today but it is difficult to know what to say when your daughter, who is not yet divorced from her first husband, announces that she is pregnant with a child from another man. Clearly, not the way you were raised.”

Predictably, I got a very angry response from her live in – whose name I am not sure of – that we would have no part in her life; especially as it relates to her pregnancy with his child. I am not sure we will be able to notice a difference from the two past years, but we will see.

Grandma and Grandpa have relocated to the house in Chico. We will see how that works out. It may not be long term since they are looking at a piece of property with a house that needs to be fully remodeled. All the animals are still at the property in Bowie but should be at Chico this weekend. If not, Mama will have to make the daily run to tend to them until we can get them relocated.

At some point the pace will slow up; but I do not see that coming soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment