Demo Site

Monday, March 30, 2015

Insurance, RU news, a full day


We will find out today if insurance is to be reinstated on Victoria’s house. I am certainly hoping that we get the policy in force otherwise we will have to scramble to get coverage before the bank has to act “in their own interests.” I am not quite sure what that means exactly but it not good for us. The Lord is still in charge of how things turn out so we are hopeful that the issue is settled.

Friday evening we had a new couple show up at RU. It was very exciting for all of us in that ministry but especially for Lee and Laura. They are an unusual couple; one of the “live off the land” type but without the hardness that excludes those of us who are used to buying our milk and our meat. Mama and the new lady talked tanning hides, milking goats, cooking raccoon stew, caring for chickens, etc. I do hope they continue to come. That has not always been the case with those who visit RU.

Mama and I had a long profitable, hard day on Saturday. I got the tractor early and moved the stock trailer – which was still loaded with items from the old farmhouse in Bowie – and moved it out from under the carport so we could unload it. I honestly expected the belongings in there to take more room in the garage than they did but ended up pleasantly surprised by how little it swelled our accumulation.

Of course, some of the items went to the well house and some into the house, but still, it is done and we can finally work through the rest of the stuff that we originally packed in New Jersey – four years ago. Most of the items that have never been unpacked are pictures. Mama was very excited to see the ones we did unwrap. I will work on getting all of them placed over the next several weeks. It will be good to have them out on display again.

After we were about two thirds of the way through the stock trailer Mama had to go to Bowie to rescue Victoria – she had forgotten her wallet. I also needed a can of Fix-a-Flat so I could use the dolly to move  a couple heavy items to a new storage location. I got the trailer emptied and moved while Mama was gone and used the tractor to park it in the lot with Daisy and her calf.

When I brought the trailer into the lot to park it Daisy came over and started hopping and spinning as though she were very excited to have the trailer back. She anxiously smelled all around it for over half an hour. The only thing I can guess is that she may have thought I was bringing back Baby Huey, but that would be giving a lot of credit to her memory of him having been loaded in the trailer.

I worked on getting stone and brick put into a hole Terry Cobb dug for us for that very purpose. There were a lot of brick in the back of the property that I did not want to have around so it was nice to have the tractor to move them to the hole – three loads worth. I have room for plenty more.

After Mama and I rested a few minutes we started working in the garden. We were just finishing up on that when Victoria came home about 8:30 pm. It was a long day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment