Demo Site

Monday, March 2, 2015

Posted late; Yesterday, tomorrow, septic plans


Mama and Grandma had a very busy day yesterday. With the septic system out of commission they had to go to Decatur to do the laundry. They had decided to only wash at the Laundromat and do the drying at home. That all started about 10:30 a.m. While they were out the title company called to say that we could close on Victoria’s house at 1 pm. Then all the hustling started.

We finally got the details worked out on how Victoria would get there from Bowie and how I would get there from work since I had driven the company truck back to the office that morning. As it turned out, Victoria picked me up at the office and we went down the street a short distance to the title company to meet Mama and Grandma.

The closing was uneventful other than the fact that we showed up at the former office of the title company – not knowing they had moved since we closed on the Chico house. We were standing in front of the old office for a few minutes before I looked in the window and saw that the rooms were completely empty. So Mama called their office. It turned out that they had relocated just two doors down so we were not far off.

Victoria is not the deed holder of record on the little house off of County Road 1560 – also in Chico. In total we area about five miles apart. She is excited. Grandpa and Grandma are ecstatic. They have very ambitious plans for the little property and I think many of those plans will work out very well. The first thing we have to do is secure the house to keep out the young people who have been sneaking over there to smoke.

On the home front, the truck came to pump out the septic tanks – at a cost of $275. The best he could tell, the leach bed is overgrown with tree roots and probably collapsed when we had the tanks pumped out the first time. Someone is supposed to come over today to give us an estimate on putting in a new leach bed. Mama is making a second call to have the man that installed ours at the farm come also to give us an additional estimate. I do not expect the job to be cheap but I do know that God’s timing is always perfect, even though in this case it would not appear so from my point of view.

I am planning to take the day off tomorrow. I am not entirely sure at this point that it will be possible. There are a few things happening at work that require immediate attention. For now I and my group of direct reports are not part of those discussions but that could change at any time. I have been asked to keep my phone charged and on my person at all times for now; nothing unexpected, yet nothing welcome either.

Mama flies out tomorrow. Please pray the flight is not delayed. Weather is temperamental at the moment. Her arrival creates a “just in time” arrangement for Cori and Nate.

Also pray that nothing hinders us from getting Mama to the airport in plenty of time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment