Demo Site

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Our sunny swamp, job news, lost bird, stretching


Yesterday turned into a beautiful day. It was the first warm, sunny day we have had in the area for quite some time. Today is predicted to be the hottest day we have had in over four months. The temperature will get to 85®F with abundant sunshine. The fact that it will only last one day is arguably irritating, but those days are soon to come in abundance. By Wednesday evening another front moves through that will drop the temps back into the sixties.

Since our back yard will take several months to dry out sufficiently to get rid of the swamp, it was at least nice to have a sunny swamp to look at. The hole we will make into the koi pond holds water pretty well. If the calculations are correct – and I have no reason to doubt them – it contains over one thousand gallons of water. At least, it will when I finish it to the specified dimensions. I had to re-borrow a pump from Lee Davis so I can empty it after the rain pass through tomorrow evening.

I have been hearing little bits of news on the progress my company is making in notifying persons of their job losses. So far my division as a whole has not been in the mix very heavily. It is a good time to let poor performers go, so they have been the first names on the lists. Several areas of the company are going to be offered for sale. Again, none of the areas in my division.

I have had several communications from the hiring manger of the posting I applied for back in early February; mostly to keep me abreast of the ongoing developments as people are interviewed and considered. I am still a contender for the post so we will see how it all plays out over the next several weeks. The timing would be good for me to get a new assignment.

Yesterday evening Mama and I went to the barn to check on our little bull and found him in good health – we are not able to even get near him, which troubles Mama a good deal. While there, we discovered that another one of the loose, barn chickens is missing and presumed dead. We have gone from three to only one over the past several months. It will be sad to lose this last one but it appears inevitable.

Both Mama and I are having trouble sleeping lately. She has a persistent cough and I am having trouble with my legs. The best night sleep I remember getting was after we all got on the rug in the living room and tried to stretch out our backs and legs. Boy, would a video of that have qualified for America’s Funniest Home Videos?

There was no hope of me being able to touch my toes. It was all I could do to bend at the waist, keep my legs straight and touch my knees. Victoria did slightly better. Mama could actually put her open hands on the floor. (Showoff!)We will have to go through the exercise again to see if it helps me sleep but I will have to make sure all phones are turned off.

A grown man can suffer only so much embarrassment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment