Demo Site

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Our test, Mama’s day, Victoria


Well, we all took our test last night. Mama was actually very happy about the whole affair. She knew she did not know all the answers but she knew most of them and that more than pleased her. Victoria was typically non-committal about the whole affair, but overall it was a good experience for all of us. When we get the grades we will see if the same general attitude of confidence prevails but for now we can bask in the moment.

I did not stay with the class after the test. With the deep, unrelenting cough that I have I knew that it would be a huge distraction so I took the spare copy of the DVD and came to the office where I watched it on my computer. My cough was so loud that the cleaning lady who was working in the building for most of the time I was also there, stopped by to check on me a couple times.

We have two more tests to do – the first of those being in two weeks but I have expanded the study guided we were given so we can fill them out with the information we need to study for the test. I do not know if it helps Mama and Victoria but it certainly helps me. There was only one question that I did not recognize immediately from my study guide but when I asked Victoria about it she remembered studying that also. I am not sure where I missed it on the study guide but I got it correct on the test; at least, I’m pretty sure I did.

Mama had a grand day yesterday. She called me quite early and asked how to catch the little bird that had somehow gotten into the house. We quickly agreed that she should throw a sheet over it and get it back outside. It was beating itself up against the window glass in its vain attempts to escape the house. It must have been easily done since I did not hear back from her for several hours.

The next time she called it was to tell me that she had been out mowing one of the lots and had run over some barbed wire. It was wrapped around the shaft of her mower and she could not get it loose. Fortunately she had stopped the blades as soon as the sound of the blades changed. It was parked in the driveway when I got home.

We drove it up on ramps and I was able to cut and pull the wire to get all of it freed of the shaft but it took about an hour to get it done. As soon as it was cleaned Mama hopped on and ran it a couple laps around the yard just to satisfy herself that all was okay. She will probably get out pretty early this morning to finish what she started – hopefully without further incident.

She has to come to Decatur this afternoon to meet up with some ladies from the church so they can team up on cleaning the Mission’s House before the missionaries start arriving for the Mission’s Conference we are having next week. Everyone is praying I recover by then but it does not look good right now.

Victoria has been sending out resumes over the past few days. It has been a long time in coming. She has talked about changing jobs for quite a while but with the purchase of the house and all the financial records that that required she was very reluctant to make any change; ditto with me.

I guess now is the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment