Demo Site

Monday, April 20, 2015

Sick, testing tonight, busy weeks


I took off Friday and, as I promised Mama, I got out the weed eater and cut up the briars along the fence lines for as long as I could manage. I have never been able to run the weed eater for more than a couple hours. During the time I was doing that I must have stirred up some long dormant and moldy leaves because the very next day I ended up with a deep cough and sore throat.

Saturday I did not get much done other than help Mama get some pictures hung and help Lee as he fixed a leaking valves for us. The cough worsened through the day and by that evening I knew I would not be able to lead the singing at church on Sunday. As it turned out, I did not get to go to church at all because I was running a fever. I struggled out of bed this morning to get to work but even that might not have been a good idea. Next Sunday begins our Mission’s conference so I am certainly praying to be whole by then.

I am certainly not the only person struggling this year with upper respiratory issues. It has been a banner year for that type of health issue. Many of my coworkers have been in and out of the doctor’s offices getting medications to combat such illnesses. Several of the ladies on my staff have been sick with it – especially those with school-age children and I can glean from them what over the counter meds have worked and what have not. Like all such infirmities, this too shall pass.

Mama, Victoria and I have our test tonight. Mama has been studying as I have. I think Victoria has looked over the notes also but I have not seen her make a huge effort. It will be interesting to see how the test turns out. Mama is really unsure of taking the test. Victoria is dreading it also – although she will probably do better than either of me or Mama. I never enjoy being tested but I am not afraid to fail – nor am I afraid of failing this test. I do not think Mama or Victoria have anything to worry about either. This is the first of three tests for this semester.

I got word this morning from the hiring manager for the Licensing job that he is behind schedule and it will be another week or two before he gets back with folks that have applied for the position to give them word on their application. I expected as much so there is not a positive or a negative sense to the update other than the fact that he is keeping me informed of the progress – or lack thereof. That, in itself, is something.

We have a very busy week ahead as Mama will be caring for a toddler for a missionary couple who will be in the States for our mission’s conference (next week) as well as for preliminary meetings for an orphanage they are attempting to start in Mexico. I am not sure when the baby sitting service begins but it will be fun for Mama – I hope.

On Wednesday she is expecting visitors at the farm. As people get to know where we are we are getting more and more if that. It’s been fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment