Demo Site

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Work, forced vacation, puppy issues


Things at work have been more than subdued lately; they have been eerily quiet. My boss has been out of the office this week working from the office in Dumas. His boss has been there with him in that location as she makes her rounds also. But here in my office it has been very, very quiet.

So when the announcement came over the email system yesterday morning that our boss has been temporarily promoted to his boss’s position while she takes on the responsibilities of finding $1 billion to cut from the company globally, I understood the quiet. It seems to precede such moments of change.

Shortly after that change was announced, another organizational restructuring announcement came out. It was a permanent change is hierarchy which eliminated a high level managerial position. These are interesting times. So far I have not heard anything related to the Licensing position I have applied for, but that is not a shocker. That information trickles out slowly.

Mama let me know after I had gotten the reservation notices via email that she booked our flights to Alaska. I had not planned to go because of the money required to do so but Mama found me a ticket for just over $400. Her ticket was just over $500. So, I guess I’m going to Alaska with her for the birth of Maggie and Aaron’s son. It will be a good thing – once I fully recover from the shock. In reality, that is not so bad since that is the price we paid for just one ticket when we went last year.

Mama and Victoria are having a hard time with this pup. They were adamant when she was purchased and brought home that she would be an outside dog. I could only say, “Uh-huh, I’ve heard that before.” But it seems that she is choosing that for herself since she potties almost as soon as Mama brings her into the house; whereupon she is hastily put back outside.

Outside, her puppy-ness is wearing me out also since her favorite areas to lie about and chew on things is where I have planted the blueberry bushes – both of which are doing fairly well at this time. Mama and I went to Lowe’s after church last night to buy some fencing for the flowerbeds and other planting areas to hopefully keep the dogs and chickens out of those areas. To her credit the pup is very laid back and seems fairly easy to work with.

This is now the third time that Mama and Victoria have jumped the gun on getting puppies with the intent of keeping them for breeding. I am feeling overrun by dogs at the moment since the population is based – in Mama and Victoria’s minds – on having two houses; which we do not yet have.

Mama is doing pretty well on her diet –as am I as I share it with her. But she has her moments of indignation with the restrictions. Last night I had to talk her out of going to Wendy’s after we got out of Lowe’s. It was 9 pm. I certainly was not going to eat anything but she was hungry. We went home instead but I am pretty certain that lunch at Wendy’s is on her radar for today.

I will be taking tomorrow off. Mama has scheduled us for doctor’s appointments. There is nothing urgent but we need to talk about some routine muscle aches and joint issues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment