Demo Site

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Working well, visiting Dad, eating

When I rigged up temporary power at the well house slab so that I could have lights at the chicken coop, I got a breaker box big enough that I could run power for the well also. I did not have the breaker to run the power to the well until the following weekend but as soon as I had it I made a late evening trip over to the breaker box to install the breaker and finally power up the submersible pump in the well. It hummed quietly and started flowing a steady stream of water onto the slab. That was a good discovery. Now I can complete the building and get the well properly set up for use at the garden, the barn and the coop/pig area. It will be a real blessing once it is done - hopefully before winter is over.

We had a dinner at church tonight which substituted for our normal Wednesday night service. It is the only time we have a service on other than the normally scheduled day. It was a huge feast and Mama and I are not necessarily basking in the blessing of fullness. The only problem with these dinners is that they happen so late in the evening - much later than we would normally eat dinner. That, accompanied with advancing age and declining digestive capacity makes for a rough night. This too shall pass; more than likely to my abdomen and Mama’s hips.

Since Mama and I did not have plans for Thanksgiving this year and since Victoria is working that day (2-11) I decided it would be a good time for us to travel to Chappell Hill to visit my Dad. It has only been about a month since I have seen him but I am starting to get the same feeling about him that I had about Mom shortly before she went home. I do not put much faith in feelings but it does give me pause to make sure I take the time to be with him in his declining days. Like happened with Mom, I will not be there when the Lord does call him home but I can be there off and on when possible until he is called home. I know he is ready. That is the one clear thought he has day to day.

Mama and I will not miss the big meal on Thanksgiving because we have a big dinner planned with the National Guard unit in Wichita Falls, TX on Dec 3 and we have a dinner with our Sunday School class on Dec 16 and a fancy dinner with the company I work for on Dec 17 and several big dinners planned when some of the kids are here for Christmas. In between those dinners I have a Christmas lunch at work on Dec 6. It is a good thing Mama and I are not in a serious weight loss program right now. Ours is more of a casual approach.


We are striving to limit the weight gain through the first of the year. To do more than that is too much of an emotional strain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment