Demo Site

Friday, October 5, 2018

Finding time


As I sat last night and worked on my second potential business venture, I realized how the Lord had worked out the timing on it all. Since our real estate business is moving along in three-week cycles, it is fairly easy to keep up with the work involved in preparing for the auctions. Our next auction is still ten day away and we are ready for the most part. Things at work are standard fare with a few busy details scattered in the mix. For the most part, when I walk away from the office I can leave all that work behind me. So, last night I poured myself into beginning the work creating a proposal for this new venture. I see it as a monumental task. Having been thoroughly exposed to the processes of completing this work, I am a little overwhelmed as I bite off little bits at a time. To create the documents that will form the framework of the business and serve as a proposal for potential investors will take at least three weeks - working evenings at home. Especially since Mama always has an hour or more of work waiting on me every evening. I was able to squeeze out a full two hours. Not much, but it was a start.

Last night and tonight Mama’s tasks will focus on getting things set aside for a yard sale Mama and Grandma are staging in Bowie. I took all the rabbit cages out of the goat barn yesterday evening. They have sat unused for about a year, so it needed to be done anyway and getting the cages ready to sell was a good excuse to spend the time and effort gathering them. While I was in the goat barn working on clearing out those cages, I took down the shelves I had built to support the cages and swept the walls to remove the accumulation of very dirty spider webs. At some point in the very near future Mama and I will rake the floor of the barn and see if we can limit the dust that accumulates there. The goats, like the chickens, tend to pulverize the dirt so they can make themselves little hollows on the ground to lie in. it creates a mess over time. And since the barn stays dry all the time, the floor has turned to dirty talcum powder. It is on everything.

My Saturday plans are still up in the air. I am not sure what will be required of me for the yard sale, so I am on hot standby for ongoing assignments. I will spend as much weekend time as I can on the computer – if I can find a place to work. I mentioned the other day in my blog about needing to set up a home office. Now that is a matter of some urgency. Mama emptied the hutch we have been using as a computer desk for the iMac and I dismantled it for transport. I am in full agreement with that move. However, too many things are now scattered about for me to leave them as they are. Something will have to be set up to allow me and Mama to work together at our real estate business and to allow me to press forward on the new potential business venture. I prefer something comfortable but that may not be the immediate solution. The ideas that had been rattling about in my head are now beginning to coalesce. Not a moment too soon. Rearranging things in the house is always a good thing. It makes us clean areas that have been neglected since those items now being repurposed or rearranged are moved from where they have always set. I actually enjoy those moments.

That makes me think we need to pull the refrigerator out to see what has accumulated behind it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment