Demo Site

Friday, October 26, 2018

Getting started, Brittany and the twins, Mama


I got a call on Wednesday from the title company in Oklahoma. Actually, they are an abstract company. Oklahoma sues the abstract process for real estate versus a title process. The outcomes are the same, but the processes are vastly different. They needed some information about the LLC Mama and I have set up to do business for our real estate investment company. After getting some questions answered, I put together the information and sent it out to the requesting persons. It will be a good test of the paperwork in place. Mama and I have never done business in this way before, so we are on a bit of a learning curve. We just trusted that the people helping us set up the corporations knew everything that would need to be done to get us set up properly. Now, we get to see if all the paperwork is really in place for us to operate as a limited liability corporation. The real challenge will come as we do our taxes for this year. The only problematic issue will be accounting for the 401k we moved. Now, it feels like we are getting started in our tax lien/deed, real estate venture.

Brittany and the twins got to the farm a little after 5pm yesterday evening. Andrew is in the area, but he drove in separately because he is doing some intensive training in the Dallas area. We will not see him until Sunday morning. It took a few minutes for the twins to piece together who Mama and I were, but once they did, we had some great snuggle time. Sophia has always been drawn to me. Even when they were very tiny, she would pick me over Mama and Victoria. Last night was no exception. I was busy cooking when they arrived, so I was not immediately in the mix for their welcoming, but she slowly put the pieces of her memory together. Each time she looked over to the kitchen from the living room she would smile and wave to me. Once she realized who I was, she followed me everywhere. She would softly whisper, “Papi” every time she saw me. Talk about special.

When Mama and Brittany were getting the girls ready for their baths, I was given Sophia. Both the girls had been stripped down to their diapers for dinner and Sophia, in anticipation of her bath, was standing on my lap. I had a couple days growth of beard and when I rubbed my chin against her shoulder she shied away and laughed. Of course, that only encouraged me to do it again. Brittany loved it. I did not want to torment the child, so I stopped once I had shown Mama and Victoria. It was only a few moments later that I realized Sophia was leaning back into my face to keep the tickling going. She finally turned around and put her hands on my face to find out just what was going on. Her smile was one of innocent wonder. Facial hair is not something she is used to. The girls were down by 7:45. They had not slept well the night before. They had not napped on the trip to the farm either. It was hard for me to tell that they were tired, but their mommy knew. They were sound asleep in very short order.

After the twins were settled in, Brittany and I helped Mama with some of her exercises. At first Mama was near the point of tears because of her inability to reproduce the results she had had at her most recent therapy. I was holding a stretch band and Mama was pulling her knee towards her. She was not able to get the bend she was expecting. When I understood her concern, I had Brittany help her bend the knee as she pulled it as far under her as she could. That not only helped Mama get to about 105°, it also felt better to her. We will repeat that exercise every night. She is so much better but she is so much more concerned about keeping what she has seen she is capable of after the second manipulation. We still have weeks if not months of work ahead of us. But we can actually see progress. Praise the Lord!

Mama has physical therapy scheduled today after which we are meeting Brittany and the girls for lunch. Brittany wants Mexican food. I will have to choose carefully in that venue. The last time I had Mexican food, the outcome was not good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment