Demo Site

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Good news, pumpkin carving, reactions




Mamas’ first physical therapy session after the manipulation was a huge success. A milestone. She was able to bend her knee to 116°. She and the therapist were both very excited. He allowed her to do a range of machines that he had not been able to Mama use because of the stiffness in her leg. Mama will limit her visits to the therapist because we are paying for the visits out of pocket. It is not cheap. It is not horribly expensive, but we will rack up a sizable bill at two visits per week over the next three weeks. It should be worth it in the long run, but it is disappointing to be excluded by insurance for help with the visits. We are paying enough that there should be some cost sharing, but that is not the case. Sad. Recently I got a questionnaire from our insurance company and I was very honest in my responses – very thorough in the written responses. I do not know if it will make a difference in their attitude toward our financial needs related to Mama’s surgery and follow up, but at least I got to voice my concerns.

We had our 4th Annual Pumpkin Carving activity at work yesterday. I have yet to be on the winning team, but it is always fun. Yesterday was no exception. I worked on a team of three and we made – or attempted to make – a caramel apple pumpkin. It was a good idea, but we had only an hour to pull it off. Enclosed are some of the final products of the labors during that hour. I am always amazed at the creativity of the group of individuals at this company. You can judge for yourself.

I was hurting very badly yesterday evening. I am not sure why; maybe the posture I used during the time we were working on our pumpkin. I am not sure. Not only did my lower back hurt but I was also a little nauseated. We had eaten Mexican food for lunch, but it is was from a restaurant I have eaten at in the past. Yesterday it did not agree with me. Lately, that has been my lot with almost everything I eat.  The nausea was easy to mask. The back pain was not. To help my back pain, Mama suggested I put a Lidocaine patch on my back. I reluctantly agreed. I had a vague memory of that not being a good option for me in the past, but I could not remember for sure. Anyway, within an hour I was severely nauseated, dizzy and weak. By that time, we were already on our way to church; hoping the feeling would pass. It did not.

We left church before the service began. Once we were home I took the patch off and scrubbed the area where it had been applied. Within twenty minutes I was feeling better. The dizziness and weakness were gone but the nausea remained through the night. Hopefully, I will remember not to do that again. On the brighter side, as we were leaving church – to get me home – Mama tried walking down the steps in church in a normal fashion. She succeeded. She was thrilled. I just wanted to get home.

Brittany and the twins will be here sometime late today. Mama is looking forward to that. Me too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment