Demo Site

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dark Chocolate M's, More potty training, Thankfulness

I have always liked M&M's, but when Mars candy came out with the M&M's in dark chocolate, that sealed the deal for me. I am not too fond of sweets – contrary to my wife and daughters – but I do like dark chocolate and I really like M&M's. I wish I could do a commercial and hold up a bag of dark chocolate M&M's and “Dark Chocolate M&M's. I'm an M&M lover - and this was my idea.” No such luck.
My wife and I were at Sam's today with the little one and both of us needed to go to the bathroom. The little one had already gone while we were in another store, so I thought we were going to take turns staying with her while the other one went to potty. But my Mama Kim decided she would just take her with her so we could both go at the same time.
We parked the shopping cart and flatbed loaded up with our purchases and went to do our business. Obviously, the little one had to go into the stall with Mama Kim. I have no understanding why that is not embarrassing for women, but I guess some of the inhibitions are wiped away in being pregnant and birthing babies.
Anyway, when my wife started to use the bathroom and the little one heard the familiar sound made in that process she smiled broadly, clapped her hands and shouted, “Yeah, Mam Kim!” My wife said she was laughing so hard she almost couldn't finish.
Turns out that is exactly what she had been doing to the little one during potty training. Whenever she had done things properly and the two of them had heard that sound, my wife would clap her hands and say, “Yeah. You did it.!” Needless to say, the little one was very proud of Mama Kim.
Our youth pastor was recounting a story of his three-year-old last night. Every night he pray with his son as he puts him to bed. It is pretty much the same prayer each night which he has his little boy repeat.
“Thank you for today.”
“Thank you for today.”
“Thank you for Daddy.”
“Thank you for Daddy”
“Thank you for Mommy”
“No, Daddy.”
“What, come on, Say thank you for Mommy.”
“No, Daddy!”
“Why? Honey, say thank you for Mommy.”
“No, Daddy. Thank you for food!”
“Oh, Okay. Thank you for food.”
“Thank you for food”
“Thank you for Mommy.”
“Thank you for Mommy.”
If he was other than a male, we might question his logic. From my perspective it seems pretty sound.

0 comments:

Post a Comment