Demo Site

Monday, January 17, 2011

Chase’s big plays, driving in a fog

Chase did get to play and he did nothing that could have been considered a mistake but with limited time on the court during an actual game he did not have time to show any of the skills he has developed in the past; skills that are reasonably good. His team treated him very fairly in passing and getting him open to take two three-point shots. Sadly he missed both and lamented after the game that he should have fouled someone to get his name on the record of the game.


All-in-all he was excited about the time he had in play and I think his teammates were pretty excited about it also. They won the game by twenty points without three of their normal starters so the boys who were there for the win – all of them got some play time – were pretty fired up about how they played and the coach noted that the missing “starters” would have to earn that place back; obviously the coach was pretty excited too.

I am in Decatur today. The drive this morning was made in a heavy fog both inside and outside of the vehicle. Monday’s are not the best days for me to make a five hour commute to work. I typically have trouble sleeping on Sunday nights, especially if I take a nap in the afternoon – and I took a good nap on Sunday afternoon.

I am guessing I got four hours of sleep during the night and it was not a deep sleep but more of a constant clock-watching sleep. So driving down a lonely Texas highway in the dark, in heavy fog, sitting comfortably in a warm truck was not a recipe for wakefulness. I had to stop several times to stretch and wake up but it was just below freezing so a few minutes out of the truck was enough. (I was driving a company pool vehicle.)

I even stopped a couple times to clear the ice that was building up on the mirrors, the windshield wipers and the antennae – which as whipping wildly as the ice caused more surface area for the wind to catch. At one point I thought the antennae was going top smack the windshield and break it.

I will spend the afternoon doing boss stuff for the ladies that report to me from here. At least one of the reviews I have to sit in on will not be pleasant and it will require some ongoing work on my part to enable and ensure improvement. I have two more to do after the three today. One on my way home tomorrow in Elk City, OK and one in the Borger office. Neither of those will be difficult.

At some point I will have to receive my review from my new boss and he has as little information to give me as I have had to give to those that report to me. So I have no idea what to expect other than it should not be disappointing especially since I am not expecting much extra compensation.

After all, I am in Texas, what more could I ask?

0 comments:

Post a Comment