Demo Site

Monday, January 10, 2011

Weather, Long-term friends

Winter has gripped the area in a firm hold and will not let up for most of the week. In many of the areas where my company has people working outside there have been calls made and most individuals have been told to go home and wait out the cold. The wind chill today is about -10F. On the high plains here there is nothing to block the wind so anyone caught out in it can quickly come to a life-threatening situation. Many of these individuals work alone so it is far safer to have them go home and stay indoors for today.


I am in Elk City, OK today helping interview candidates to backfill for one on my team members who will be leaving at the end of February to have her first baby. So far we have had one “no show” candidate and one “no way” candidate. With two interviews yet to go the people here are worried about me getting home safely so I may have to leave early enough to get home before dark at least. There is no snow accumulation, but it is bitter cold and the fog that covered the area until late this morning has left everything wet and now frozen. Isn’t this fun?

I was thinking on the drive over this morning that Mama and I are blessed to have such a vast list of friends – many of them very good friends. A list that includes people in many other countries of the world. A list that includes our children, and spouses for those who are married.

If the record of our life is being written by the people who love us, I like what is being written.

0 comments:

Post a Comment