Demo Site

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stress, Job needs

I know not today what tomorrow will bring,


If sunshine or shadow or rain.

The Lord I know ruleth o’re everything

And all of my worry is vain.

Living by faith in Jesus above.

Trusting, confiding in His great love.

I’m safe from all harm in His sheltering arm.

I’m living by faith and feel no alarm.

Our choir sang this song Sunday morning. It is a fun song to sing but difficult words to live out in a daily life.

I am doing a cleanse right now and the last time I did this particular cleanse it went much easier than it is going for me now. I suppose I have to explore the possibility that the difference is a difference in stress level. It is a curious thing how stress can take such a hold on our lives and we become so accustomed to it that we do not notice it’s overall affect on our lives.

It is not necessarily job related. There are numerous other areas of my life that are more inclined to stress me than the job. It contributes, don’t get me wrong, but it is not the only, nor is it the largest, contributor. It is often difficult to know how to handle moments like these because the solution is rarely within our control; however, our response to the situation is always in our control. So having discovered the stress in my life, I will move myself carefully away from trying to do God’s job and concentrate on the assignments He has given me; those I can succeed in doing. It has been said that nothing breeds success like success.

Grandpa and Seth are still looking for work. Seth has turned in applications at several places as well as the ones he and Grandpa turned in at the fairgrounds, but there has been no response. I have begun to wonder if it is the phone number they are listing as a contact number. For some employers it may be a red flag to use and out-of-state number as opposed to having a local number as a contact on a job application – especially since there are so many locally who are unemployed.

The problem for me is that the only in-state number we have is my business phone and I do not give that out for contact use. It may come to that, but I am resisting. I would rather pay to have a land line installed in Grandma and Grandpa’s house than take those calls, but if that is what it takes for them to find work; we will have to work it out. Again, God knows.

I have asked Mama to stay home the next couple of days so our bank account can rest. Maybe that too is part of this whole issue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment