Demo Site

Friday, January 14, 2011

Will Chase play? My pastry chef

I have to admire my son’s attitude toward his team and his coach. He is on the JV basketball team of the school he is attending and though he has been to many practices and multiple games he has not gotten to play at all during a game. He has been careful to follow the coaches instructions and has faithfully supported his team through every loss – they have not won a game so far – but the coach has not chosen to call on him come game time.


Tonight the team will play without several of their usual starters so Chase is anticipating some quality time on the court. I am praying it works out. I am praying he plays well. He has remarked lately that the other team members are starting to fuss because he has not been allowed to help them on the court. Obedient patience and persistence always pays its rewards as God chooses. Generally speaking, I like those payouts even if the world does not recognize their value.

I have not been able to attend Chase’s games since we have been here because of the hours I work and the choice of game times, but I hope to get to at least some of the game today. Meanwhile, he continues to do well in school. He is particularly fond of the instructor led courses; almost as fond as he is of getting to go off-campus for lunch. I just need to get that boy a job so he can afford it.

The ladies at the church are having a baby shower Saturday (lunch provided) and Mama volunteered to make the cake – that was on Sunday. She stressed over that for three days and on Wednesday decided to un-volunteer and she seemed okay until Thursday when she felt so guilty that she re-volunteered, sort of.

It turns out that she will be making a second cake in a simpler style. It will cost me more, but it will be less stressful for her. It seems that the burden of making the only cake to be eaten at the get together was too overwhelming for her, so hers being the additional cake takes the load off – sort of.

Even after twenty eight years of marriage to Mama I still have trouble figuring out times like these. I am sure once it is all over she will tell me that she could probably have made the centerpiece cake but … It will be fun no matter what happens. It has been a very long time since she has been to a “hen party” that she has not enjoyed. In fact, I am probably the only one that remembers that experience.

Me and the boys will figure out something to do for lunch

0 comments:

Post a Comment