Demo Site

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Not yet, the pup, storms

I contacted the bank in Decatur yesterday to let them know about the property we had found. I knew it was more in line with our abilities to finance with them and all of us were excited to see what the outcome might be. As it turned out it was not favorable. While I was driving home, I got a call from the person I had been working with and he told me everything looked very positive, but…they are uncomfortable with the idea that I do not know when I will be relocating to Decatur and they will not make the loan to someone who is not close by. If we lived there, or knew when I would be moving there, the loan would be approved; since I do not know, they backed away.


So Mama and I are going to pray about it for a couple of days, or weeks, and see if we want to go to another bank or just wait until things are finalized with my company. (I would love to get Grandpa started on a farm even if it is a couple of years before Mama and I can get there.) As Mama and I prayed together last night what struck me was the way God seemed to be all over the way things fell together when we found this particular farm. So to be so quickly told “no” was a surprise.

I am a little displaced this morning having that focus so quickly removed from my attention, but life goes on.

The pup, whose name I still cannot remember, seems to be adapting well to our home. Rosie is a little jealous but she makes sure she does not get overlooked. She is great with the pup; gentle in their play, never stealing her food, sharing her toys and blanket. Victoria is having a good time with both dogs and I am sure some pictures are going to be posted soon.

We actually got rain in Amarillo late yesterday afternoon. It was a little odd since in our office Safety meeting yesterday, we has a guest speaker from the National Weather Service. He is stationed here in Borger. He gave a lecture about tornados; how they form, when the warning sirens are sounded and why, what to do in case of a tornado. As I was traveling home yesterday, seeing the rain and the clouds in the distance, there was a perfect example of the type of cloud that he had said could spawn tornados. We did not get any tornados, but it was interesting to see live examples.

I was in bed before the sun set yesterday, but I bet the sunset was awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment