Demo Site

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Plan F&P, Our pearl?

It seems we have been paralyzed by the way in which Wells Fargo is treating the debt we are repaying on the house in New Jersey. I have called to get what I think is a justified correction to our credit report but have been assured that there is nothing anyone can do. It seems computers are in control – at least that is where they are told to put the blame. It’s very disappointing and though we are repaying the loan and have kept in contact with the bank about this matter, it may cost us the ability to make any purchases (like buying the farm) for several years to come. There are some options open to us but Mama and I are going to fast and pray about how to move forward.


The fellow at the “land bank” in Decatur seemed hopeful if we could clear up that point but he can offer no guarantees of our being accepted for the loan for which we applied. At any rate the issue needs to be resolved and I will put that at the top of the list of pesky problems to overcome. Mama was initially very angry at the bank for, essentially, holding us hostage – especially when so many others walked away from their outstanding obligations. I reminded her that, years ago, when we signed the original loan papers, we gave them permission to do what they are now doing. Legally they are doing nothing wrong; it just feels that way.

As I was driving home yesterday and listening for the Lord – as opposed to always doing the talking – the parable of the man finding treasure in a field came to me. I looked it up this morning. It is found in Matt 13:44, followed by the parable of the man seeking pearls and when he had found “one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.” The man who found the treasure, hid the treasure again, went and sold all that he had and bought the field.

I am not sure if that is where we are but I would foolish not to consider it.

Two verses that have bothered me for some time are the following:

Luke 16:8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

Somehow that overlays where we are right now, I am just not sure what wisdom I am looking for that would make me, a child of the light, as wise as the children of this generation when it comes to unrighteous mammon. Another pesky little problem to overcome.

Speaking of pesky little problems, when Victoria offered yet another cute name for the pup, I could only say, “Don’t even!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment