Demo Site

Monday, April 11, 2011

Training, Travel again, more training

It has been a week since I have written and there is no way I can catch up to all that has happened in that week but I will give some highlights.


I spent last week in Indianapolis, IN, for training to become certified as a Natural Health Provider. It was eight twelve hour days of intense training in five different areas of focus in natural health; nutrition, body systems, iridology, body works and practicum. I hope to say I learned a lot, but it would be much safer to say I was exposed to a lot. Ninety-six hours of instruction in only eight and one half days was grueling but it was the very best way to get the coursework completed so the certification is granted.

Not only was I exposed to a lot in the training but I was also exposed to a lot in the ninety people who attended with me. There were people – mostly women – from all walks of life and in all developmental stages relative to the information we were being given. Many, the majority, were Christians, as were all of our instructors. It was a great time. Now it is up to me to do something with what I have learned so both the time and the expense are not wasted.

I have learned many things over a dozen or more years but it has been difficult to put all the collection together. What has been even more difficult has been finding out if what I have been told is actually correct. One book say one thing and another book something slightly different. This week answered most of those questions as well as giving me the resources to begin helping people with confidence; not that I know all the answers, but I have learned how to ask the proper questions.

The human body is a marvel of creation and I am amazed at how thoroughly God has provided for our long-term health through what He has given us in this world.

Mama and I are traveling to Houston this week – today actually – by way of Decatur. We are scheduled to look at several properties tomorrow and talk to the bank about the possibility of financing such a project. Mama is so excited about this. I am less enthusiastic, not because I do not want a farm, but I do not want another huge debt. At this point it seems the only way to accomplish this goal. Perhaps it is a lack of faith on my part. Finances have always been an area of weakness in my faith.

I have training in Houston on Wednesday and Thursday. On Thursday night we will go to Chappell Hill to see Grandma and Grandpa Kline and on Friday we will go to Rogers to see Sarah and Fabian. Saturday we will travel home and hopefully arrive in time for the revival service at our church that night. The training was a great excuse to go to look at property and to visit family. Mileage and the hotels will be picked up by the company so it will be far less expensive than last week was.

As was mentioned by one of the instructors last week, the romance of the road has worn thin for me. I am ready to be home for a while.

0 comments:

Post a Comment