Demo Site

Friday, January 6, 2012

Goodbyes, big plans, funny weather, Becky and her dog

This is Chase’s final day in Amarillo before leaving early tomorrow. His flight is at 8:30 a.m. which is very early for him. He spent the majority of the day with Mama and Victoria but by the time I was home he is ready to go somewhere else. Tonight will be the goodbyes to his particular friend and her family. Pastor Fisher has been in close contact with him to keep abreast of the schedule of his arrival and has informed him that there will be some basketball games coming up very quickly. I hope he is up to it.


He is leaving behind the little truck which I have thought about taking to the farm, but if Victoria goes to Bowie, we will need it as a backup in an emergency. Besides, it is always good to have a truck around. Mama and I might find some other animals to transport to the farm. I will have to work on getting the topper reinstalled. I am old enough to appreciate it.

All this means that Mama and I have to start paying for school again. I do not mind so much, but it will be a difficult five months or so – right in the middle of some big plans for the farm. It will all work out and there is always the fallback plan of borrowing money to fulfill our plans but we will hold off on that until the very last minute. Any additional debt right now could be financially debilitating in the long run. We are trying to take the more painful path of patience. Like Inigo Montoya, I hate waiting.

I transferred the money last night and this morning to cover the expense of plumbing the water well on the farm. It is the first step in getting more livestock and eventually getting the farm house set up for inhabitants once again. Next we will have to dig a septic system and make the structural repairs needed. Then we raise the roof – literally. I had big plans for all this to happen this year but it does not look feasible at the moment. All this means I will have to continue working two to three more years if this current job remains our only source of income. God knows.

Today Mama, Victoria and I will get our TB tests read and report the results to the agency that we are going through to apply for foster care certification. Mine, which has turned out positive in the past, looks like a negative. That is good news. I do not think a positive on this test would have helped our efforts. That just goes to prove that some tests are better to fail.

For the past several days the weather has been un-seasonably warm. That is predicted to end today with a cold front that will bring the temperature back below freezing through the next several nights. Sunday night is forecast to be wet and cold with snow and ice accumulations in some unknown amounts. Looks like a rotten commute on Monday and I would be worried except that we will be in Bowie Monday morning. We missed three snow storms and many freezing days when we were on vacation and it looks like we will miss this one also; heartbreaking.

Becky and Charles have been visiting family in Mississippi and Becky reported that she now has a new car – new to her. If I remember correctly it is a Pontiac 3000. At least that is what she told me. She seemed very excited about it and I hope it works out well for them. Her dog loved the fact that he could get in and out without help.

He is becoming well traveled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment