Demo Site

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hurrying along, Victoria, Makaila

January is almost over. It is hard to believe. I do not know why it is always such a shock to realize the sudden advance of the calendar date into a new month, but it does seem so. Plans that were made in December now have to be put into action even though it seemed so far away during the Holidays. We are talking about Grandpa and Mama going to West Virginia in late February to gather purchased farm equipment while Victoria and Grandma hold down the farm. I will remain alone in Amarillo while everyone else is having fun.


My children bought me a plaque many years ago. It reads:

Daddy’s Dream; To someday have enough money to live as well as his wife and kids do.

I am still working in that direction.

In March we are going to triple the number of plant starts we will have made in February and put some of the earlier plants in the garden. It will be the first produce grown on the property in a decade. All of us are excited; especially Grandpa. He will be warming up some soil next week for the beginning of the starter plants – mostly tomatoes. Seeds will not be put in the ground until late March and early April, but even that is only several weeks away.

I can only imagine that Brittany is starting to freak out about her wedding plans. The date is only twenty weeks away and there is so much to do. Between that we have Andrew’s graduation from the Air Force Academy and Chase’s graduation for Somerset bible Baptist Academy; not to mention birthdays, holidays and special events we have not heard about yet. All this to be crowded into a few dozen weeks we will fly through in the first half of 2012. Time really is not on our side very often.

Victoria and Mama will do the final packing today for her trip to Bowie. Several people in the church here are worried they will not be able to say goodbye to her because she has been sick most of the week. She did not do to church last Sunday night nor did she go last night. Makaila (that is the correct spelling) did go with us – at her own invitation, but Victoria had a fever. She had been sent home from work early because of it. We are hoping she can go tonight, but I do not know yet if she will.

Mama will have to come to Borger to get me today. I am turning in the truck I have been driving while awaiting an assigned truck. My boss is making the case for taking away all “non-essential” vehicles from personnel within my group and with that in the works I do not feel comfortable continuously borrowing a truck not assigned to me. I hope it is short lived, but there is no way to tell at this point. I told Mama I hated to interrupt her nap time but there was not a better way to work it out today; besides there are people here in Borger that would love to see her for a few minutes.

We will leave after church as planned and Victoria will move as planned. I hope it is the right decision. Victoria says she is not really ready to leave this church but all she really participates in is her Sunday School class and Children’s Church. We have to drag her to Soul Winning and threaten her to make her go to any special function. She rushes out the door after the service is dismissed – like her Grandpa used to do. So I am not sure where the connection is, but it is a matter to bathe in a lot of prayer. Perhaps, the little she does is enough for her, but it is a far cry from what I a used to after being with her Mama for thirty years.

Makaila is trying to get her family to go to revival tonight. Her mom and dad are interested but church has not been a part of their life for some time now. It is always difficult to go back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment