Demo Site

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Confidence; sort of, our new lake, updates

Mama got multiple calls yesterday concerning items on our credit report as the finance company looks it over. Robert Kiyosaki says our Credit Report is the only report card we have as adults and it tells the bank if we are a genius or a moron. I am somewhere squarely in the middle. I am expecting word either late today or tomorrow. I do not foresee a problem, but I always leave room for one so that I do not become overconfident. Since we were allowed to finance the farm for considerably more, I don’t think the small amount we are asking for will create an issue, but we will know for sure soon.


Victoria sent some pictures of the tank we have been watching closely. It is now a lake. I am guessing it to be over twenty five feet deep now. To think I walked last week on ground that is now under ten feet of water is impressive. The brush Grandpa piled at the edges of the fingers of the gullies that the water now fills has been converted from rabbit sets to fish habitat. I am tempted to get a hatchery to deliver a load of fish next month. At least at this point it would be easy access.

None of us have any idea how long the water level will remain this high, but we can now be sure the enclosure can handle it. It lends an air of confidence to the planting we hope to do since we have gone from extreme drought to overflowing tanks. If nothing else, water should be available through the summer and well into the fall. Grandpa and I both have confidence in the overflow system built into this tank. I only regret we did not build some hiding places for small fish while the level was lower.

Mama and I are planning on attending a garage sale this weekend being held in the Civic Center. I have heard how big this thing is but it will be fun to see it first hand. It will be much more pleasant than cruising different neighborhoods in the fierce winds we are expecting Friday and Saturday. We have no real needs but, who knows, we might find some things we did not realize we needed as we look around.

I do know one thing I would like to have more of is canning jars. We are seriously short on supplies for that activity and it will be upon us all too soon as the garden, fruit trees, grape vines and berry bushes start to produce. Sadly, we were not able to buy any pecan trees. The drought limited production to the point that there were none for sale in this area. It will put me a year behind on the plan I am rolling out, but we will survive.

Maggie is almost half way through the seventy day absence of Aaron’s most recent tour of duty. She is encouraged that the countdown fell below forty. She is looking for a job in the area and has met with little success so we have to continue to pray for her.

Victoria is vacillating between liking her job because it gives her something to do that she gets paid for and not liking her job because the “something to do” comes at times when she does not want to be doing something, or would rather be doing something else. Such is life.

Today I am planning to attend the funeral of a family member of one of the ladies who works for me. Her mother passes away last Sunday. I have no idea if her mother was saved. I have no idea if she is saved. I do want to express my condolences and support her in her loss. I am saddened by the thought that her mother’s eternity could be an eternity without God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment