Demo Site

Friday, March 23, 2012

Papers, pressures

Mama and I spent about 45 minutes signing papers related to the purchase of the mobile home. I think it was much easier to buy a house although it was definitely more expensive. Anyway, the delivery is still scheduled for March 30th. We have some site preparation to do in advance of the delivery but not too much. Grandpa already has it mapped out. I will get the full picture after I get there.


Mama talked with Victoria last night for some time. It appears Rain could be within only hours of delivery. Mama is stressing out over it. She wants to be there so badly to witness the birth, but life has her wrapped up in prior commitments. She may still talk herself into leaving today – she was almost ready to go last night – which would put me in a very awkward position of having to arrange coverage for Children’s Church on very short notice. It would be awkward because I could not do Children’s Church by myself and I would not be permitted to work with two female helpers when one of them is not Mama. I would still be in church, unable to do what I normally do.

Somehow it will all work out.

I had a productive day yesterday but the outcome was overwhelmingly negative. I spent the morning talking with two of my peers on organizational restructuring. The outcome was what our boss wants but it will cause a lot of transitional frustration and the loss of several very qualified people. I will have the unpleasant privilege of telling those unfortunate persons that their job with us is done. It will not necessarily swell the ranks of the unemployed, but it will dramatically affect their households. The stress is compounded by the fact that I am keeping a weak performer in my group while I release strong performers who work on a contract basis for our company.

I was informed by one of my peers that years ago he had experienced some debilitatingly severe back pain. After missing several days of work he went to the doctor who diagnosed the problem as stress related. A month later he switched jobs and has not had any pain since. I will have to look into that very carefully although I do not see a job change in my future – at least not soon. On the bright I do get a job change for one week the first week of April.

0 comments:

Post a Comment