Demo Site

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Good and bad


I taught an eight-hour yesterday. Arriving at the training site at a little before 7 pm and leaving just a few minutes before 5 pm. The only time I sat down through the entire day was for a few w minutes during lunch. I was pretty worn out after I got done. It was a good class; great participation from the 25 participants which usually means that through every break I was talking with someone about something we had been discussing just prior in the class. No one lingered when the class was over, and I had used the time the test was being taken to pack up the computer and projector, so I was able to leave soon after the participants left. We had a special service at the church to get to, so I did not have much time to spare.

I got home about 5:10 and headed back out, dressed for church, at 5:30. Mama needed to be there early because she was getting Yilin and Cheyenne, so they could decorate Valentine’s brownies. When we got to the church, things were pretty well set up and the dinner and service did not start for almost an hour, so I went into the sanctuary and stretched out in out pew. I slept for forty-five minutes. It was a great help to make it through the evening. The All-church Valentine’s Dinner was a big hit. The church served, ham, fried chicken, corn, green beans, garlic bread and salad. There were at least thirty desserts. About eighty in total attended. Mama, Victoria and I sat at a table with Yilin, Cheyenne, Gracie, and Joseph. Great food, a great little sermonette and great fellowship. We needed that. By the time we got home, I was ready for bed.

I have been having trouble sleeping lately. This muscle injury in my chest makes it difficult to find and maintain a comfortable position for sleeping. I have had several nights of several hours in bed, a couple hours in my recliner and an hour not sleeping at all. It is starting to take a toll on me. But I have a holiday coming up on Monday. Maybe I can work a bit and rest a lot because Tuesday begins a week of non-stop travel, teaching and training. Most of that I am looking forward to. I can definitely say that I am looking more forward to Mama’s and my time in San Diego than my time in Michigan.  Fortunately, the temperatures there are not too cold. It will feel like the past few weeks we had here in North Texas. Also, there is not a high chance of rain, snow or ice for the days I will be on the upper peninsula of Michigan State. I was able to choose an airport near the training destination, so my commute to and from the site to the airport will be about an hour each way. Not too bad.

Mama and I are still anticipating our trip to San Diego. To date we have not received our flight information so I will have to track that down today. But, we are excited about the training. Hopefully, it will meet and exceed our expectations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment