Demo Site

Friday, February 23, 2018

Traveling, weather, quiet


I left the farm very early Wednesday morning to catch a flight to Lansing, MI. As it turned out, the weather here was more mild than the weather Mama endured while I was 900 mile north of her. On Wednesday morning, I had to scrape the ice from the truck windshield, but I did not really pay much attention to it. I fully expected that it would warm up and all the ice would melt into the greasy mess we are left with every time we get this kind of rain and accompanying freezing. It did not turn out that way. As the day progressed, the weather worsened, and offices closed, schools sent kids home early and the roads quickly became hazardous to impassible. Add to the freezing rain the flooding the area is experiencing, and Mama had a mess to deal with. The schools remained closed on Thursday, but our office opened at 10 am – for those who could get there. One employee had lost power and as of this morning was checking into a motel because there was still no power at their home. Meanwhile, in central Michigan, the weather was 40° F with plenty of sunshine.

Later today I will fly back home. I will get to spend one night in my own bed before Mama and I fly out to San Diego Saturday afternoon. We will start our two-day one-on-one training with an experienced investor Sunday morning and continue through Monday evening. Mama and I are both looking forward to the intense training. We need help interpreting the data and narrowing down the choices we need to be able to repeat over and over to make this business work. We are taking the red-eye back to DFW Monday evening, so I can return to work Tuesday morning in order to participate in another class.  By Wednesday, things will settle down somewhat and Mama and I can concentrate on applying all that we learned with our mentor. We have not set up our recurring weekly mentoring sessions because of the schedule I have had to keep the past few weeks. We should be able to get that done next week.

Nate, Cori and the kids left Thursday morning as soon as the roads were clear enough to let them travel safely. I do not remember what direction they are headed but I do know they will be back through at the end of March. It is then that we will have to say goodbye, From the farm they will head north for a few more meetings before saying goodbye to Nate’s family. Their plan is to head to Honduras the second week of May. They have raised 75% of their required support for fulltime service on the field. The goodbyes will be difficult, but not overwhelming. Honduras is easy to get to from DFW and Mama and I plan on visiting the work at some point – especially since we are praying about becoming part of the work at some point in the future. Only God knows the timing on that.

With the grandkids leaving Thursday morning, Mama had a very quiet day at the farm. It will take both of us some time to get used to the idea of quite mornings and normal days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment